The Lanes Hotel was our base for a quiet hen weekend. It's a Victorian house on the seafront about 10 minutes walk from the pier.
1. very clean rooms, quiet, comfy bed, and there's a nice big lounge on the ground floor. The beauty therapist claimed that the building used to belong to Ivor Novello and Noel Coward, although there's no blue plaque on the wall, so I'm not sure whether to believe this. Staff relatively friendly and helpful with directions, taxis, etc.
2. breakfast was plentiful, served from 8-10 at weekends, and you can help yourself to as much or as little as you want. Usual selection of cereals, bacon and scrambled eggs and beans, toast and mini croissants, fruit etc. Breakfast room overlooked the sea and was pleasant.
3. the hen's room had a large balcony overlooking the sea, which was lovely. We spent much of the afternoon sitting out there on a picnic bench and chairs.
4. Other facilities include a bar and a beauty room. We had beauty treatments by the lovely Matthew, which were discounted by 75% for hotel guests. Well worth it.
Room for improvement:
1. bedroom furniture and decor and ensuite showeroom were a bit tired, although they were in the process of stripping the wallpaper in the hallway so I presume that they will be undergoing refurbishment soon. Corridors are a little dingy. Perhaps therefore a little pricey for the rooms, but hopefully will get better.
2. tv in the bedroom took a while to work.
3. it's one of those places where you have to leave your key behind reception every time you leave the building, which is understandable but a bit annoying.
4. my room was at the back, so quiet, but overlooked rooftops, so there was half a dead pigeon outside. I guess they couldn't really do much about that but it was a bit offputting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lanes Hotel is a Grade 1 Starred Listed building centrally situated on Brighton’s seafront, and offers free wi-fi. Located moments from central Brighton, The Royal Sussex County Hospital and the lively Brighton Marina.All bedrooms are en-suite and range from Standard Doubles, to 4-Posters, Balcony rooms, Family rooms and Group rooms. Public areas include the Reception, Licensed Bar and Sun Terrace, Sea Facing TV Lounge and Breakfast Rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Lanes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanes Hotel Brighton