“Lunch with mum daughter and sister”
Review of The Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Italian Kitchen
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 46
Cuisines: Italian
Description: A Brighton institution for more than twenty years, The Italian Kitchen is situated on the bustling sea front where it pulls in everyone from locals looking for a good time to tourists after a taste of the famous Brighton nightlife. A welcoming Italian-style restaurant and wine bar with entertainment taking place year round after hours, The Italian Kitchen is traditional in style but very modern in outlook. With pavement seating and a raised floor in the dining room there���s plenty of opportunities for people watching or just taking in sea views as you sample the vast collection of wines on offer. The Italian Kitchen's menu is simple and understated, the Italian basics ��� including pasta and pizza ��� done well and fresh fish an excellent reflection of the restaurant���s location.
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I love the Italian kitchen. I found it by chance when I took my mum to Churchill Square in her wheelchair so I didn't want to go too far. We came up to the top floor and found the Italian Kitchen and there was easy access for the wheelchair so we went in.

You have to queue up once you get there but the food is good quality and its a calm atmosphere away from the shops.

We had pizza, pasta, chips and burger an they were all delicious.

1  Thank Denise W

Reviewed 30 March 2015

Had lunch here and was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was. We all had spaghetti Venetia and shared garlic bread with mozzarella washed down with a bottle of merlot. £60 for four people including a tip. Good value. The staff were lovely.

2  Thank Rootvegqueen
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Visited this establishment yesterday and had one of the worst eating experiences ever. Admittedly we are not talking high end cuisine here but there has to be some standard kept. The waitresses could hardly speak a word of English, or if they could were pretending they couldn't. The menu consisted of such exotic fare as "Fish finger sandwiches" nice if your wanting and in the mood for just that so thought why not? two of these a water and a coffee left us no change out of £18.00. Not sure if the fish was cod but the food was bland and in fact didn't taste of anything. The coffee was vile, even the water was warm. On attempting to gain some sauce to ease the pain of the blandness I encountered further problems in that all that was available were some empty plastic squirty bottles, all had seen better days, couple of drips of ketchup came with the meal and not a sign of tat tar in sight :-( I wouldn't waste my time rushing back here again in a hurry.

Reviewed 4 December 2014

The Italian kitchen is in Churchill Square in Brighton I went today with my partner and I must say it's one of the best lunches I've ever had from staff to the food WOW highly recommend this place

4  Thank alybaby200
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Looking for a quick late night food fix. Too many mistakes
- asked for G&T for wife, didn't taste right, as it was soda. Asked at bar & told 'yes it was soda, I was going to tell you' Why not ask in the first place!
- starter of olive oil, balsamic, olives & bread, came with no balsamic. Questioned this & was told would tell chef. No consequent feedback to customer, ie us!!!
- wife order king prawns with sauce + salad/garnish. Dish appeared, no sauce or salad 'sorry we've run out of salad, so we gave you chips + an extra prawn'. Whoopee do!!! Talk to/ask the customer first!!! Can you see a theme here ???
- side dish ordered with meal did not arrive, yet added to bill
Vague apologies but p*ss poor customer service skills, not to mention cr*p cocktails, proportions all wrong