“AMAZING”

Add it.
The Italian Kitchen
Price range: US$ 27 - US$ 46
Cuisines: Italian
Description: A Brighton institution for more than twenty years, The Italian Kitchen is situated on the bustling sea front where it pulls in everyone from locals looking for a good time to tourists after a taste of the famous Brighton nightlife. A welcoming Italian-style restaurant and wine bar with entertainment taking place year round after hours, The Italian Kitchen is traditional in style but very modern in outlook. With pavement seating and a raised floor in the dining room there���s plenty of opportunities for people watching or just taking in sea views as you sample the vast collection of wines on offer. The Italian Kitchen's menu is simple and understated, the Italian basics ��� including pasta and pizza ��� done well and fresh fish an excellent reflection of the restaurant���s location.
Reviewed 4 December 2014

The Italian kitchen is in Churchill Square in Brighton I went today with my partner and I must say it's one of the best lunches I've ever had from staff to the food WOW highly recommend this place

4  Thank alybaby200

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Looking for a quick late night food fix. Too many mistakes
- asked for G&T for wife, didn't taste right, as it was soda. Asked at bar & told 'yes it was soda, I was going to tell you' Why not ask in the first place!
- starter of olive oil, balsamic, olives & bread, came with no balsamic. Questioned this & was told would tell chef. No consequent feedback to customer, ie us!!!
- wife order king prawns with sauce + salad/garnish. Dish appeared, no sauce or salad 'sorry we've run out of salad, so we gave you chips + an extra prawn'. Whoopee do!!! Talk to/ask the customer first!!! Can you see a theme here ???
- side dish ordered with meal did not arrive, yet added to bill
Vague apologies but p*ss poor customer service skills, not to mention cr*p cocktails, proportions all wrong

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Looks nice outside and menu looked nice so had dinner there- terribly long wait to get served even for a drink and then they didn't have the wine we had chosen and forgot the tap water. Long wait to get starters and then even longer wait (50 minutes after we finished starters!) for mains to come out.
The food for the starter was nice - a platter of cold meat and cheese and bread but we also ordered fried courgette which was an espresso cup sized portion of undercooked very thin, tasteless courgette fries for £4! When the tap water did arrive it was nicely presented in a glass bottle and well chilled but had that horrible musty taste of water that has been sitting around for ages or been out in a dirty bottle so we left it. For mains the duck was well cooked but the croque Monsieur was actually black underneath - how the chef didn't notice it had been cremated I am not sure. On the other hand, like the courgette, the french fries were undercooked. As one person finished their meal the waitress asked if everything was ok - in fairness once the cremated croque was pointed out she did offer another one but it was too late by then. Complimentary limoncello shots with the bill was also a bit late to improve a bad dining experience. Wish we had checked trip advisor before we ate there!

3  Thank SightseerKent
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

This is the most awful restaurant my partner and I have ever been, I run a local restaurant and my partner is the head chef. Looking at the menu you would expect amazing food and service for the price and appearance! We ordered starters which were 'nice' and steaks for mains, I asked for mine with mash as have gluten intolerance and cannot eat chips. I ordered mine rare and my partners med/rare, they were both blue! My mash was cold lumpy and clearly microwaved and my partners chips were white! Not cooked at all! We sent them back and explained the problem, they were not apologetic at all, took ages to get round 2 and was awful! Still blue, cold and they replaced my mash with vanilla mash that was also on the menu, the most revolting thing I'd ever eaten!! No one checked back on us to see if they were ok which they were not! They cleared and again didn't ask why we had left our food,my partner told them it was awful and we were really upset to have been so disappointed, they took 20 percent off which made it 45 pounds for the worst meal and service we'd ever experienced! And to top it off was ill that evening clearly due to gluten in my food! Disgusting!

3  Thank British078
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Me and my friends ended up in this restaurant one morning looking for a full english breakfast, everywhere else was packed and that should have been the first warning sign. This place was empty, and with good reason.

Waited 20minutes to be asked what we would like to drink, took another half hour to receive the drinks which had been sitting quite obviously on the bar for a good 10minutes. There were only 4-5 tables with people on them so it was not as though they were rushed off their feet. Whilst waiting for our food several people walked out due to a long wait and one of them had a row with the waitress. The longer we waited the less patient I was becoming and I could see how the man had become so irrate. After an hour and a half we asked what was happening and the waitress explained she did not want to ask the manager as she would 'get told off'. At this point we stormed out, absolutely disgusting service and establishment.

Tacky looking decor, terrible service and an attitude that stinks. How The Plaza remains open I do not know. I advise everyone to avoid and hopefully the business will fail and make way for something else.

6  Thank Tribeeuk