My husband and i stayed at The Grand for our Anniversary for one night.
The hotel is well kept and has some wonderful features.
We asked for a re-furbished room which was a good size plus a good size bathroom the room had a lovely huge bed and feather pillows and duvets, the only fault with the room was the fact that the paintwork on some of the walls was rather dirty in my opinion this could be easily cleaned off, also some of the paintwork on the wardrobes and chest of drawers was chipped.
there was tea and coffee making facilities in the room (which was just as well as a cup of tea in the lounge was £4 each!)
We had cocktails in the lounge/bar at cocktail hour and they were very good at £5 each you were also given nuts/crisps & olives to go with your drink.
The bed was comfortable but sleeping was a bit difficult as there was a loud noise outside the window a lot of the night I'm not sure if was the air conditioning but it woke me up several times.
Our room did not have a view just an opposite window. next time I may pay more for a sea view room.
We had breakfast included in the price of the room and it was very nice indeed, we chose the night before what we would like to eat and had it in our room a good choice and delicious food! good coffee too.
We would stay at this hotel again we paid £89 for the room then £25 for a car park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a truly remarkable hotel. An iconic Victorian building, it stands centre stage on the vibrant Brighton seafront and is a local landmark. Magnificent, imposing and the epitome of luxury. This is The Grand, Brighton. Following a recent extensive refurbishment, The Grand experience is one you will never forget. It's in the splendour of the 123 step sweeping staircase, the exquisite textures in the bedrooms, the delectable cuisine in GB1 restaurant and the sumptuous surroundings of The Spa at The Grand. It's in the stunning seaviews and the warmth with which you are welcomed. It's in its innate sense of style. The magnificent Grand is a popular location for films and television shows. Coronation Street, Eastenders and Only Fools and Horses have all shot episodes in the hotel. For the complete Brighton experience, it has to be The Grand, Brighton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Grand Brighton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The De Vere Grand Brighton Hotel Brighton
- De Vere Grand Brighton
- De Vere Grand Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Grand Hotel