“Disappointing food and rude customer service!!”

AguaDulce Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 1,308 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 32
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the Kings Road in Brighton, Bar Aguadulce is a bright and buzzy spot popular with locals and day-trippers from the capital who all love the down-to-earth atmosphere and authentic Spanish menu. Serving everything from tapas to fresh fish and homemade puddings, Bar Aguadulce is a good spot for get-togethers and after-work drinks-and-dinner dates. The restaurant has homely, um-pretentious and informal, with a very chilled vibe and the service is friendly. Strongly recommended are the Paellas and Rice dishes of which they are absolute specialists. Pop in for a glass of Sherry from their extensive selection, have it with a little tapa, or for a Schooner of the best Spanish beer imported in to the UK. Another feature worth mentioning is their menu which can be entirely prepared in a CELIAC friendly way. Gluten-free beers are also available and their gluten-free bread is baked in house by the Head Chef.
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I ordered through Dinner2go and paid £37.00 for tiny portions of bland tasting food which included Patatas Alioli which was missing the Alioli. When I called to let them know I spoke to a man who basically had a "what do you want me to do " attitude and told me to call Dinner2go. 20 minutes later I got a replacement Patatas Alioli with under cooked potatoes and ridiculously smothered in Alioli, a blatant middle finger for having the nerve to complain!!! .. THE MOST DISAPPOINTING TAPAS EVER!!!!

5  Thank chellecarlier

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Before I get into the best food I’ve ever had in Brighton, I need to mention the welcoming waiter and waitress who were nice and funny (in a pleasantly entertaining way), the most comfortable and content I’ve ever felt at a meal out! As for the food, delicious is the only world to describe it. The paella was perfectly burnt at the bottom and the chorizo had the perfect flavour. I have no idea where they get their supplies from but I can definitely tell you it’s top quality. I noticed some people have said it’s expensive but you are getting your money’s worth with the quality. You haven’t experienced the best food Brighton has to offer if you don’t check this place out!

2  Thank Dani H
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Amazing authentic spanish food. Service was awesome and desserts were incredible. I just want to say haters should back off as they clearly don't know what they're talking about. People that complain about it not being authentic clearly havent been to Spain. Oh and just for the people that aren't clear the soccarat at the bottom of the paella is the best bit. I also believe that the price of this food is the best for the quality.

2  Thank sprinkleofsugar52
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Warm welcome from owner, speciality dishes are a must, good wine recommendations for each course, best fish soup I have ever had in my life, all dishes ordered (that arrived!) were superb, surpassed all expectations and great value for money. I can't wait to return!

1  Thank SheOfSouthEast
Mezol, General Manager at AguaDulce Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear SheOfSouthEast
Thank you very much for your kind commemnts and we hope to host you again soon.

All The Best

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The lady who served us was lovely and really apologetic as they had one staff less than they were suppose to as they did not expect to be so busy.
The manager seemed like an idiot at first. He was working quite slow and just chatting when there was clearly a lot of work to be done. He did give us a discount for the slow service though so all is forgiven but he should have had more staff as it was sat night and busy.

The food was good. Drinks service extremely slow. However like i said the waitress was Excellent. Because of the food being good and us getting a discount i am giving it 4 stars. If I went back it would probably be on a week day when not as busy

Mezol, General Manager at AguaDulce Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Jamieba32,
My apologies for being an idiot and for the slow drinks' service.
Thank You for recognising that Alba is a great asset to this business and to praise the food.
Hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Yes, busier than expected and not the sharpest of Saturday's services.
Glad that Alba made your night.
Taking the service charge off your bill was done because of the service level not meeting the standards we'd like to work by.
Glad you appreciated the gesture.

All the best