“the review below isn´t accurate at all.......”

Ole Ole Tapas Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #168 of 1,133 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 57
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ole Ole Tapas Bar & Restaurant is a lively spot complete with Flamenco dancers, live bands and delicious Spanish cuisine.Relish in the finest Sangria, tapas and true Spanish ambiance, featuring an authentic floor show of Flamenco music and dance. Travel to Spain with Ole Ole and join us for an "Evening in Andalusia". Ole Ole is all about honest food of the earth, natural and real.
brighton
“the review below isn´t accurate at all.......”
Reviewed 12 September 2009

..... I have to rectify the previous review. As I have been there myself several times, and have allways left wanting more. My experiences at OleOle have allways been above standard. I cannot really say a word bad about the staff, the food, or the place. The Flamenco show was awesome and I believe that they should be encouraged and not put down in any way. They gave us samples of the food and a free shot after the meal, which is nearly un-heard of in Brighton or in any restaurant these days. It is refreshing to know that there are still people giving instead of taking. If anything I think that you should go and find out for yourself.
As a Kemp Town resident I would like to see this restaurant open and thriving as it deserves to be.

3 Thank jamesbrighton
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

BrightonBearBrighton
“Don't go there!”
Reviewed 1 September 2009

This is the first time I have ever written a review for anything and such is my anger and annoyance at this venue that I felt so moved to sign up to be able to write this.

After having been given several flyers for the Ole Ole Tapas Bar in the basement of the Cosmpopolitan Hotel and being a big fan of Spain and Spanish gastronomy, we decided to give it a try. How extremely disappointing the whole experience was and how angry we were on leaving.

We sat outside at the back. Looking up at the building you are faced with a filthy facade of the hotel that is part of this establishment. Your view is one of dirty curtains and shabby windows.

When we ordered, we were given a menu for food but not for drinks. We had between us 4 small tapas, each at £2.95 and 2 bottles of beer. At the end, our bill was £23.00, making our 2 bottles of beer cost around £5.50 each. Wouldn't have minded that but not being given the option to see how much it cost before made it feel like we were being taken for a ride.

One of the tapas I ordered was peppers stuffed with cod. There was absolutely no cod in it whatsoever, just a bland sauce that was unidentifiable. Disappointing but not the end of the world.

The worst thing of all was that when we paid up, we went up to the bar to pay. I handed the waiter £40 for a £23 bill and he returned back to me a handful of pound coins, saying he had no notes left. We left the restauarant and at that point I decided to count the number of coins he gave me. There was £7 there, not the £17 I should have had. I know I should have realised this earlier but one doesn't expect to be short changed like this. I went back to challenge the young man, and at first he pleaded ignorance, but as I was firm, he admitted that he had realised he had made a mistake. Clearly a definite case of attempting to rip me off.

Given the lack of custom that this dreadful place is obviously getting and given the terrible reviews of its adjoining hotel, I can only deduce that these people are desperate to get any money whatsoever through their tills, to the point of blatantly short changing us.

You will see their staff handing out flyers and free nibbles on St James' Street in order to try to get people in. I certainly would not recommend that anyone goes there.

3 Thank BrightonBearBrighton