“Dinner”
Review of Bus Stop

Bus Stop
Ranked #23 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 24
Description: Our mission is simple - to offer the best, most authentic Caribbean food and cocktails in Brighton! Jerk chicken, roti and macaroni pie are big favourites accompanied by our famous Bajan Rum Punch. Mount Gay rum, Carib or Banks beer can be enjoyed in a relaxed and cosy atmosphere whilst listening to sweet reggae music.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Wow what a great little find! Next to Bill’s (if you are asking a cab to take you there) is this amazing Caribbean restaurant.
What the place lacks for in size it more than makes up for in great staff, service and wonderful food.
The rum punch was deceptively alcoholic you only needed two whilst my husband loved the mojito and that he could get Carib lager.
The fish ball starters were good especially with the cucumber pickle and homemade hot sauce - wow beware too much will bow your head off!
Still can’t decide if the star was the pepperpot and roti with lovely seasoned rice and peas or my curried lamb roti which you can either assemble yourself with lamb, potatoes and butternut squash (!)or have already done for you.
I so wish we had more time in Brighton as I wanted to revisit this place again.
Food like my Mum and Dad used to make.
Must visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went with a few friends and were looking forwards to a Caribbean feast!

Was a little disappointed to find they only serve curry goat on a Saturday, that's more of a business model thing I guess as I can see why it would be great to cook up a big batch but other Caribbean restaurants manage to serve it daily.

We shared some wings and some fish cakes to start. Wings were average but the fish cakes were amazing. I have to say the price of the starters is a little steep. £8 for 7 wings and £6 for 3 fish cakes is a little expensive.

As for mains, we had the Jerk Chicken, The fried chicken and the Lamb Curry Roti.
Me and my friend shared the fried chicken and Roti. Disappointingly the fried chicken coating was pretty bland and the flesh was actually very dry. I ended up leaving half of the piece I had.

Moving onto the Lamb Roti. It was AMAZING. Exactly what you wanted, the meat was tender and plentiful, the curry was rich and warm without burning your head off.
So I would advise to go to bus stop, but be careful over what you pick as all things are not equal here in my opinion.

Must haves
The Fish Cakes
The Lamb Roti
The Macoroni Pie.

I'd not order again
The wings
The fried chicken.

Very much a mixed bag and a little on the expensive side.

1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Bus stop is such a fantastic place to eat , Great food at a very reasonable price , Great atmosphere with friendly staff , I would recommend it to anyone .
Oh and have the ROTI its amazing .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent a lovely evening here last week. The atmosphere is fun and the staff are all very friendly. I ha the pork chop which was lovely - and a very full plate. My husband had the cajun style seabream and said it was delicious. the premises are small, but I think that's a good thing. All in all a very enjoyable evening

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was really looking forward to eating here but the food was a let down. My Curried goat was ok but luke warm. Not luke warm enough to send it back but luke warm enough to detract from enjoying it. My partners jerk chicken looked bland and tasted bland although it was fairly ok when dipped in the sauce. The sides were decent enough. It wasn't that it was a bad meal, it just wasn't a particularly good meal either. Forgettable, which is a shame as it's a cosy enough place with friendly service. We had beers, the wine seemed a bit steep at £18 a bottle. It was busy at 6.30 pm on a Saturday but it's hard to see that anyone would be rushing to eat there a second time.

1  Thank HoveMan1960