“quick and tasty”
Review of VIP Pizza Saltdean

VIP Pizza Saltdean
Ranked #30 of 1,308 Restaurants in Brighton
Description: Our history takes as back to Naples, where we established our first shop in 1845. We are a family-run business spanning five generations that now operates in various segments of the food industry. All our products come directly from our own farm in Naples.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Saltdean branch of VIP doesn't have quite the same metropolitan lively buzz as the Brighton parent but what it lacks in vibrancy it makes up for in terms of peacefulness, space and speed. Service is quick and attentive, there is plenty of close by parking (unlike in Brighton) and you are not sitting on top of each other - there is enough space. The food is the same - homemade and tasty - we had pizzas which were huge. I thought the prices were also quite reasonable.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We had a table booked for 6 adults and 2 children, the staff were very attentive especially you 4 year old granddaughter she was made to feel special, the food was exceptional even though portions a little bit on the small side but we thoroughly enjoyed what we all had

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

IMy son and I are Southampton football fans and we regularly attend away matches.
It's his task to choose somewhere for us to eat lunch or an early dinner (depending on kick off time).
We were more than ready to eat after missing lunch on our trip to Brighton and we weren't disappointed.
We skipped starters and both went straight for pizza - Tartufo for me and Diavola for my son.
Both had a fabulous sourdough base, beautifully chewy with crisp edges.
My Tartufo was loaded with porcini mushrooms, chunks of italian sausage and dollops of black truffle cream and was just delicious.
My son's Diavola had mozzarella, tomato and spicy salami and as a serious pizza fan he rated it the best he'd ever eaten.
VIP in this case stands for Very Italian Pizza - I've been lucky enough to visit Italy many times on business and holiday and the pizza here is easily as good or better than any I've eaten there.
The ingredients come from their own farm and they more than do them justice.
If you like pizza - you must eat here.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Loved it, great atmosphere very authentic a real find in the middle of sleepy saltdean.
The sharing platter to start followed by spicy sausage pizza left me full up which was a shame as desert menu looked lovely.

Will be back

Reviewed 26 August 2018

We arrived home from holiday and looked forward very much to our pizza that we always have from the VIP. Well what a complete let down. We order the Diavola pizza as we both like spicy salami and this pizza is always tasty and hits the spot. When we opened the box we had a complete shock. The pizza was smothered in tomato sauce, very little cheese and you were lucky to spot the meat. Had we not been exhausted and ravenous I would have returned the pizza to their shop counter immediately. This is the first time we have visited since their refurbishment and expansion. We were hoping to go for a meal soon but hasten to say we will be going elsewhere. Corners have obviously been cut as well as prices put up. I did call to complain and was offered a refund and no explanation.

1  Thank Cb1rch