“Very reasonable & well located hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Heron's Ghyll, UK
“Very reasonable & well located hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We recently spent our wedding anniversary at My Hotel in Brighton. We were offered an upgrade at check-in to a room with a street view. From GBP89 to GBP99. In comparison to other hotels, this was a steal at that price. The room is very modern; maybe not luxurious as such but more than adequete. Our only negative comment would be that once the window blind is up, the workers in the office opposite can see directly into your room. This made lounging late in bed slightly awkward, as you obviously don't want to sit in bed drinking tea and reading in the dark.
The breakfast was good (excellent coffees) and the hotel's bar is a great place to either start or end your evening. Staff were very friendly. The hotel is perfectly situated for exploring the area, especially if the weather isn't good, as you don't have to walk far to get to anything. We ate at the Chilli Pepper restaurant before leaving the following day and, although I'm usually nopt a curry person, the food was brilliant!
All in all a great stay at a great price!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LCharlie_H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
South East UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We first visited MyHotel Brighton back in March 2011 and had a very bad experience causing some stress and resulting in us having to change our plans, at the fault of the hotel. As a result of this, we were offered a complimentary stay at a future date which we have just got around to taking. I like to be fair and offer a balanced review, so I held of posing any comments regarding the first visit since the hotel had an opportunity to win us over with our return visit. And they did.

I strongly believe, from the quality of our second experience, that the problems we had a year previous was a one-off unique situation, and undoubtedly the hotel will have learnt form that mistake. Instead I will congratulate and thank the Team for going out of their way to make us feel welcome and ensure that our second visit was a success.

On our arrival the small reception space was very busy, and I feared that we would be waiting a while to check in, however shortly after we arrived a group of four or five - who I presume were members of the management team - walked through reception. On noticing the queue, one of them jumped straight behind the desk to assist his colleague with the queue. We were welcomed personally by this gentleman, who I am assuming was the Duty Manager, and he gave me a couple or vouchers for free cocktails since it was my Birthday. He showed us to our room, explained how the various bits of technology worked and went on his way. Welcome on Arrival - Great.
The 'More Superior' Room is really what any seasoned traveller (in my opinion) would call a Standard Room, in terms of size and facilities, but perhaps it's Superior by Brighton standards, I'm not sure. Plenty spacious enough for a one night stay anyhow, and come equipped with snacks and mini bar, tea/coffee making facilities, bath robes & slippers (I think - I might be wrong about the slippers). Small amount of mould in the shower but nothing worse than the majority of us probably have at home! Room seemed very clean, no problems there. Same for Bathroom, just not a fan of the plastic washbasin though - but that's for us to dispute with the designer not the housekeeping staff!!
We were left a little Welcome Back note by the Customer Service Manager (sorry that's not actually the correct title but I can't remember what it was) along with another couple for free cocktail vouchers... not wondering if MyHotel have been keeping my drinking habits under surveillance?! Bang on, anyway.
Bar Service was everything you could hope for - welcomed on arrival, speedy, but not rushed, service by friendly and courteous Team Members and a relaxing atmosphere for drinks before heading out into the Town.
We both slept extremely well. We were on the second floor I believe, and we did not experience any external or internal noise.

A very positive experience which turned us from never even wanting to look at the place again to considering it as an option next time we're in Brighton.

Thanks, MyHotel for exceeding our expectations and delivering an example of world-class service recovery.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are really quite small and cold/sterile feeling - I might be wrong but think they wer...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Drammen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Situated in the center of Brighton, Myhotel is one of my better hotel-experiences in the UK. Service is very good with smiling and caring personell, clairly motivated to create a good experience for all guests. The interior is fun with aquariums all over the ground floor. Situated just outside the lobby is a coffee shop, with remarkable good coffee and cozy atmosphere. Rooms are clean with fun, yet comfortable colors and designs.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I only spent one night in this hotel, but I thought it was excellent:
- great location, very close to the train station, and in a lovely area of Brighton
- excellent room, I stayed in a pink&purple one, and although there were plently of hen dos on the floor, we didn't hear any noise and had a very good night sleep. Very streamlined design in the room, very clean.
- the bar and restaurant downstairs looked great (we didn't use them because we had plans)
- we had an excellent recommendation from the person at reception for a great breakfast place around the corner

This was the only hotel we could book at short notice to stay only for 1 night on a Saturday, and for £105 it was good value for money considering the other options.

The tv wasn't great, only 5 channels (or very few, i'm not sure), but that wasn't a requirement for us.
Free wifi in the room was good.

The only thing that might prove problematic is the fact that the bathroom is completely "open plan" and provides almost no privacy. So you can see when someone is in the loo (there is a frosted glass door that separates the loo from the rest of the room), you can fully see someone showering (transparent glass door) and you can see from the bed someone in front of the sink (hole in the wall).

I went with my husband, so that wasn't a problem, but it might not be as comfortable for friends.

Room Tip: Pink&Purple = hen dos The other options might equal stag dos though, so not sure what's les...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was only there for one night, but this is a really nice hotel. Very modern looking, minimalist rooms, but bright and airy with nice bright decor. It was well sound-proofed I though with just a little noise from the street, but it was a Saturday night.

I would definitely stay again but the breakfasts could start a little earlier perhaps.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo