Stayed one night and thank goodness it was only one night. The bedroom was the smallest most miserable cold hotel room that I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. The bathroom in my own house is bigger. It was on the third floor and everything creaked. (There is no lift.) The bedding consisted of a single blanket and a not so clean cover. If I got out of bed on the wrong side there was a chance that I would bang my head on the eves. If it rains or is windy you will have zero chance of sleeping without earplugs. Car parking is a joke.
The staff on the other hand made up for what I would describe as a hotel that is way way beyond it's sell by date. They were extremely accommodating and went above and beyond what you normally expect in any hotel no matter what grade it was.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wessex Royale Hotel is a delightful Georgian era hotel located in the centre of Dorchester. With classically designed rooms and an excellent central location, The Wessex Royale is ideal for a relaxing break.The Hotel was built in 1756 and features all of the elegance and classic features you would expect from such a property, including fireplaces, panelling and a magnificent grand staircase.Bedrooms display a charming and traditional character with supremely comfortable furnishings to help you feel well rested.All rooms have modern en-suite bathrooms with a bath and power shower, premium digital channels and Wireless Internet connections to help you wind down with “home away from home” comforts and little touches that truly make you feel welcome. The á la carte restaurant is open each evening and offers a variety of traditional and exciting new dishes. The meals on offer are of a consistently excellent standard, making the restaurant popular with guests and locals alike. Fully refurbished with air conditioning, offering a wide range of traditional and new world wines to compliment your meal, you are assured a meal of the highest quality.The Wessex Royale Hotel is a family friendly option near the many activities and attractions in the area, including Maiden Castle, Roman Townhouse, Thomas Hardy’s cottage, the Tutankhamun Exhibition, and Dinosaur Museum.Food and wine aficionados will appreciate the in house restaurant, which offers specialty cuisine, homemade desserts, and an impressive wine list. There is also a locally popular bar and lounge, perfect for afternoon tea or a quick glass of beer. This hotel is a popular venue for weddings and other intimate occasions. Limited free parking is offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Wessex Royale Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minotel Wessex Royale Hotel Dorchester
- Minotel Hotel Wessex Royale
- Minotel Dorchester
- Dorchester Minotel
- BEST WESTERN Wessex Royale Hotel Dorchester, Dorset