“Meeeh experience....”

Level8ight The Sky Bar
Ranked #39 of 56 Nightlife in Bournemouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: With dramatic coastal views from Hilton Bournemouth's eighth floor, Level8ight, The Sky Bar, is the highest bar in the South West. Enjoy fine wines, premium spirits and cocktails. Chef and broadcaster Matt Tebbutt presents an inventive bar menu with an emphasis on simplicity, flavour and seasonality - offering tapas-style small plates and afternoon tea.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Tried calling level 8 bar four times- no answer. Then I called reception, asked to get table reservation and unfriendly receptionist just snapped at me that it has nothing to do with her and transferred me to the bar Even though I said there was no answer!

After calling for the 5th time, i managed to speak to someone from the bar. Had my table booked and asked to pay for my arrival drinks as it was supposed to be a surprise. Was then told he cannot do it and I must speak to reception as they are not allowed to take payments there- its fine.
OK so I called reception again and after explaining that i want to pay for the drinks she did not care and transferred me again to the bar! and gues what- there was no answer again! so I just gave up.
When we arrived, there were maybe 2 more tables. No one greeted us. It took about 15 minutes for a bartender to stop talking to a guy behind the bar to come and welcome us and take our order. It then took forever for our drinks to arrive. They were absolutely delicious! Worth the price, superb.

However, the whole customer service was a bit disappointing.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter treated me as belated Mothers day oyting. Booked table for me. Firstly views not at all as advertised. Very very distant sea from a corner only. Views of nothing but shabby town centre buildings. Asked for tea menu to choose which tea they have, but were told didnt have. Tea pots dirty, spouts brown. Happens with repeated use but they need good cleaning. To my surprise tiny jam pot had broken seal and was stucky. When asked to give a fresh sealed jam pot, was told dey refill them. Oh God, who does this in present times. For £22 per person can we not have a pot of clean jam? Poor afternoon tea. Hygiene needs improving. Reusable old jam pots and dirtly kettles are not acceptable.

2  Thank chocobrownie
Reviewed 24 March 2018

My friend booked an afternoon tea for a party of three at lunchtime on a Saturday and I must admit I was a bit worried about some of the reviews I had read prior to our visit. However, I can say that we had a great experience and were well looked after even though the venue was pretty busy. My friend had phoned ahead as my other friend is pregnant and they took care to make sure she was OK with the sandwiches/cakes provided and happily swapped the ones that she wasn't able to eat. We were asked on several occasions if everything was fine and were also offered fresh tea and coffee, all served within good time. The food was nicely presented and all seemed fresh. The addition of lemon curd served with the scones was a nice touch compared to just the usual jam and the chocolate patisseries were tasty, especially the Opera cake. The Sky bar itself was a nice venue and we were not made to feel hurried. I know some people have said that their afternoon tea experience was poor and I too have had afternoon tea at many venues across Bournemouth and I can happily say that our experience today was good.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived for cocktails at 6:30pm there were tables available. The waitress was friendly and helpful. We ordered two cocktails £11. There is a service charge included in the final bill. A very stylish start to the evening.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I was treated to this by my daughter for Mother Day. Left standing by the door while staff just walked past with no acknowledgement. Acceptable possibly if busy but only 4 other tables there! I eventually had to go and ask if we could be seated. Food was bought quite quickly but a ling wait for coffee. Asked if we wanted a refill for coffee and waited another 30 minutes! When I asked a member of staff where they we're I was told there was a backlog!! Strange as nobody was using the coffee machine. Lots of staff walking around seemingly doing nothing but certainly not interested in serving their customers. Service was beyond bad and would certainly not revisit or recommend. The place is definitely in need of a manager who can keep control. Many other customers were also complaining. Reading the reviews lack of service seems to be quite common.

1  Thank angela m