Open today: 11:00 AM - 2:00 AM
It was just okay

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
hillr0850
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Top of the pretentious list

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Andy J
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Bournemouth
from US$ 243.40
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We visited on a Wednesday night in late October as part of our company business conference.
Although I live locally I had not visited the Sky Bar before and was expecting good quality decor and good food and cocktails.
Far from quality decor, the interior was very dark and quite plain, I was expecting lush seating and fabrics,but the bar did not have that many seats, the few couches were finished in plain dark fabric.
The food, which was a buffet, was dreadful. Offered to us was burgers and breaded chicken plus some wraps. The hot food was just left on plates and soon got cold. The quality was extremely average, no one was impressed with the food.
Drinks were a bit better, cocktails were okay, no worse than a pub offering, but not to a high standard.
All in all a very disappointing experience and one that I will never repeat!

1  Thank Sue11
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Came on Saturday after a meal, very noisy so hardly to chat with friends. Food is just okay, cocktail is nothing special.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Loved our cocktails after a day on the beach. Stayed at the Hilton last year so this was the second visit and just as fun- next time we will try their afternoon tea, which we spied at another table and it looked awesome!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Maybe I misunderstood the concept, but to operate a bar that can't provide Gordon's gin, and has no dry ginger to mix with anything, seems a miss.
Hilton has a normal bar downstairs, so we will skip the views and the stupidly priced bottles in favour of an ordinary drink.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have just returned from afternoon tea and was very disappointed with the food. I am lactose intolerant so requested a dairy free version a couple of weeks in advance and when it was brought out there was hardly anything there. I had 4 finger sandwiches which had very odd fillings, a bowl of fruit and two slices of a very dry chocolate cake and paid £22, my friends had the normal afternoon tea and had two scones each, sandwiches and a good 3-4 different cakes to choose from. The ladies toilets were not the best with one toilet being blocked which I have since learnt was blocked last night so has not been cleaned! I work in the hospitality industry so would expect higher standards!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

We visited after dinner about 22:30 on a Saturday and it a very clubby atmosphere rather than a cocktail lounge I expected. The view was disappointing as it’s not facing the sea as you would expect.
I

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We popped in for a quick drink on a Saturday afternoon. The waitress came over, took our order and came back with the drinks and the bill. She kept the bill in her hand and held out the card machine saying it was £15. We thought nothing of it and paid. She then handed over the receipt and left and we saw a service charge had been added. We have no problem paying a tip if a) we actually had a level of service that deserved a tip (we had only been there 5 minutes) and b) we are given the bill before paying it.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Nice enough as an experiment but check your bill -they are relying on drunk clientele- we ordered a bottle and wine and it was third time lucky to get the one reordered. Although it was a £40 bottle twice a more expensive bottle came. Very bad servicf.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Decent view but poor selection of beers for a modern crafty beer lover. My advice is to walk or park somewhere other than their parking. It’s run by a different outfit, not local, with confusing malfunctioning pay machines usually surrounded by a swarm of those trying to pay. Get this, if the machine is kaput, either not accepting cards one day or not accepting cash the second time we visited, and you realise you have to leave and can’t pay, you’ll get a fixed penalty from their cameras. And Hilton wash their hands of responsibility as someone else owns it. Don’t bother

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Great views! Really lovely to relax chill unwind and have a nice glass of bubbly, the bar has everything you can possibly imagine and so caters for all well worth a visit!

1  Thank sjbounds80