“Pleasant 2 night stay for mothers day weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bookcase with DVDs, board games, Wii games and controllers, books and local tourist information
Zig-zag pathway from the apartment to the beach
Tennis rackets and balls supplied in apartment to use at the nearby courts
Tennis courts less than a 5 minute walk away
Beautiful beach with lifeguard station
Beach huts available to hire
Coastal Activity Park
Perfect for weddings
Bournemouth beach at night
Bournemouth Gardens and hot air balloon ride
Hengistbury Head nature reserve and Christchurch harbour to the East
Sandbanks to the West
Bournemouth Air Festival
Oceanarium
Cath Kidson beach huts
Old Harry's Rocks
Lulworth Cove
Bournemouth pier fireworks in summer holidays
10 minute walk away from AFC Bournemouth ground
Red squirrel on nearby Brownsea Island
New Forest only a 20 minute drive away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
babbrain
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant 2 night stay for mothers day weekend”
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Flat is in a very good location with amenities nearby and a very quiet residential area. We go there in late evening were pleased to find milk in the fridge and biscuits on the table as everyone needed a cuppa. There was 9 of us in the flat, me, wife and our 2 kids(10yrs and 8yrs ), my brother, his wife and 2 kids ( 3yrs and an infant) and my mother.
We managed to have comfortable stay with me and my wife in the extra bedroom, my brothers family in the main bedroom which had an on-suite and a TV!, kids took the bunk-beds, and my mother slept on the sofa bed in the living room.
There was plenty of choice for DVDs but we amused ourselves with Nintendo Wii as there were all the family favorite games. Wifi was adequate for the kids to use their ipads simultaneously although our use was quite light, no big downloads. Kitchen was well equipped for our needs with plenty of pots, pans, plates and glasses.

Overall I recommend the property but as an improvement would suggest better mirrors in the 2 smaller bedrooms to help get ready. The blinds let through a lot of light in the morning so curtains would help. The lift was not working during our stay and the flat owner did apologize but said it was not something she could do anything about as the flat is in a block. My mother managed 1 flight of stairs but lift would have been preferable.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
24 Mar 2015
Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will take on board your comments. I deeply apologise about the lift. Unfortunately the block of 6 apartments is serviced by a management company and when the lift broke just recently, they began a process of acquiring quotes for repair from various firms. This process is now over and repairs have commenced. I hope your mother is ok and she enjoyed Mother's day with you all
JonnyLond...
London, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 28 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

My family and I decided to escape London for a mini break. We chose this property because of its location being so close to the beach. We were not disappointed.

The apartment was spacious and had everything we needed for our stay. We were able to walk along the sandy beach (which was only a few minutes away) to Bournemouth town centre on a couple of occasions and we also hired bikes and cycled to a nearby nature reserve during our stay.

We found all the leaflets and information provided in the apartment very helpful for planning our days and activities. My nephew particularly enjoyed watching the DVDs and playing the wii in the evening. We had a great holiday and are looking forward to returning in the future

Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
cachda
surrey
“Bad experience”
Reviewed 12 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Having booked this as a family xmas gathering we were seriously disappointed to find that the 'spacious double room' only had a 4' bed. This is not fit for 2 adults. Using the sofabed in the lounge was a problem as there was no dividing door between that and the kitchen hence no privacy. The dishwasher is not full size and the fridge had a shelf missing which meant we had limited space for food - not good for an Xmas dinner. There was a problem with the broadband so we had none for the whole of our stay.
Unfortunately we had a mishap with the dishwasher and stumbled on the door (it was open most of the time as we were having to manually wash crockery to reuse it) We have forfeited our deposit against its repair.
When you check in you are presented with a document which gives all sorts of penalties for all sorts of unacceptable behaviour. When we arrived home we received an email detailing the items we would be charged for which included making noise after 11pm and 'excessive use of gas and electricity' Since we were there with my elderly parents who are in their eighties, we did spend alot of time in the apartment, as you do at Xmas and elderly people do feel the cold. We have also been accused of melting the hob dials and breaking the light behind the bathroom mirror. We have no comeback on this. We were offered no compensation for the lack of wifi which I had relied on as I had to work on Monday so spent the afternoon in the library.
I would never have booked this apartment had I known the second main bedroom had a small bed. I seriously suggest you photograph or video all equipment and items in the apartment and have a thorough check with the owner when you arrive to avoid anything like this disastrous experience.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Double room with a four foot bed
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Jan 2015
This guest has been by far, the rudest, most disrespectful person I have ever met. Every guest up till this one and after, has said how much they have enjoyed their stay. Much of what she has been written is a lie so I will have to write this response very clearly so the facts can be distinguished from her fiction.

I have been looking forward to responding to this review (after advice from holiday lettings) ever since this guest threatened to send it before I had discussed the deposit return. She even e-mailed a different version to me a couple of weeks ago. This was an attempt to blackmail me into returning the damage deposit, despite the guest breaking my integrated dishwasher by standing on it. After an inspection by a dishwasher specialist it was judged to be irreparable, meaning the cost of replacement would far exceed the £250 deposit. When she reported that she had broken it (on the day of her departure) she didn't even apologise. Instead she launched into an aggressive rant at my elderly mother who was just there to collect the keys. She even had the audacity to complain that the dishwasher wasn't big enough, after having broken it. The dishwasher has 9 place settings, and since there was only 6 of them, there should have been no problem. Obviously she finds fault in everything. I provided a box of 10 Finish dishwasher tablets and 1 was left after her stay, yet she claims she was forced to resort to hand washing the dishes with the provided Fairy liquid and sponges. I even provided the guest with a steamer before her arrival which she requested to cook her vegetables. Hopefully she hasn't broken this too.

The apartment is meticulously checked before every guest enters and leaves. This guest melted 2 gas hob control knobs and is still disputing it, despite photographic evidence I have taken, and a gas inspector checked the boiler and gas appliances just before she entered, further proving it was her. She also claimed that the en-suite mirror's lights weren't working when she went in, again these are checked. However this was never going to be charged as we had an electrician come around who said that the transformer had gone which might be put down to wear and tear or improper use. She has also complained about there being a shelf missing in the fridge. This was just a cover over the vegetable compartment at the bottom. I had removed this after a previous guest request so they could put bottles of wine and soft drinks in there. Again, the guest could have asked me for this instead of complaining afterwards.

When the guest entered the property, she and her husband refused to take their shoes off. On my advert I state I have cream carpets throughout so ask guests to remove shoes in the entrance hall where there is a shoe stand. I also send this information out when a guest books. When I welcome guests in, I like to show them around and explain a few things. Incidentally, when shown in, this guest commented on how nice the accommodation was and that there was everything they wanted. Because they were staying over Christmas day, I had provided mince pies, Christmas crackers, chocolates and some decorations in addition to the coffee, tea, milk and biscuits.

When I leave the apartment and wish guests a nice stay, I always mention to the guests to contact me if there are any problems or if they have any questions. This information is also in the Welcome pack.

Unfortunately the day after their arrival (Christmas Eve), the broadband did go down. After several phone calls where I tried to find out what happened, I was told by BT engineers that there had been a technical fault at the exchange. The process of repair has taken a long time to resolve but is now working. This was completely out of my control and I sincerely apologised to the guest on several occasions. I contacted holiday lettings and they advised me that I did not need to compensate the guest but should apologise and suggest local places where she could use free WIFI. When I did this, I then received several nasty messages from the guest demanding compensation and for me to pay her entire unlimited mobile phone internet bill for her stay (a week) and this would be charged at £13 for every 2GB usage. I agreed to pay her £13 for the inconvenience, but she demanded more. I was willing to pay the £13 after her stay but then discovered after her checkout that she had physically damaged the dishwasher, obviously costing more than the £250 damage deposit anyway. For future guests who may unfortunately be reading this, it is all sorted now. I have BT Infinity, fibre optic superfast broadband.

The guest has also complained that the lounge is open plan. I think from the photographs on the advertisement and the detailed description this is clear. The guest claims to work in the travel industry, so not reading the description or looking at the pictures, is a bit of a personal error. Incidentally all the photographs were taken by a holiday lettings supplied photographer.

Next complaint - The double bed is 6 inches too small. Yes she is correct (at last), there was a small double bed in there. I have not had previous complaints about it, despite having more than 6 people stay in the apartment. If the guest had informed me that her parents were having such a problem, instead of "suffering" in silence, then I could have arranged to put a bigger bed in there from next door. Incidentally, I have now put the bigger John Lewis double bed in there. The guests who have just left said it was lovely.

This guest has again lied about me e-mailing her about charging her for excess gas and electricity use. I have the proof in e-mails on the booking website. I clearly just mentioned to her that she had used excessive gas and electricity. They used four times more electricity than any other previous guests!! Over Christmas, the weather was very cold outside and they left windows open all day with the heating on full blast. I was not going to charge for this.

I received £18.50 per person, per night for her stay. I have been left in negative equity after her damage and energy wastage. You could not stay in a youth hostel for that much, never mind all the things I provide.

The guest complained that I asked her to sign a contract on entry. This was advised to me by holiday lettings. It just makes guests aware of the rules which are clear on the advert and also sent to them by e-mail. Again, working in the travel industry, she must be aware that such things exist surely? One of the rules is to keep noise to a minimum after 11pm in respect to neighbours. I got up for a glass of water one evening and I could hear noise from her apartment at 1.30am, but again, it was not my intention to charge for this. Just another sign of how inconsiderate she was.

My last 2 parties that have used the apartment since she left, both really enjoyed their stay, caused no damage and their deposits were returned to them in full straight away.

Holiday lettings have been advised on this incredibly difficult and rude guest, they advised me to simply accept her review and to respond professionally which I have now attempted. Even though this review has been wholly unfair, I suppose it is a good lesson. I am relatively new to the industry and am constantly trying to improve my service and apartment. For example, a new carpet has just been fitted in the living room (due to wear and stains by previous guests), a dressing table with mirror and more storage have been provided in the master bedroom. There is now over 20 DVDs for guests to enjoy and the book, board game and WII games collection all provided for free are growing.

To my future guests, please don't be put off by this review. I'm sure you will make your own mind up and discover after your own personal experience that this guest was just simply a bad egg. Thank you
Magpie051
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Great for beach”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The accommodation is well positioned within 10 minutes of a lovely beach. The apartment is well appointed but potential clients should ask for a copy of the extensive penalties list at the time of booking to ensure that they are well aware of the financial consequences of any breakages.
The apartment can apparently cope with nine people but I found that it was a little tight at meal times for my party of seven , including two children .

23 Jul 2015
Thank you for your review and staying at my apartment. In regards to the "penalty list", Holiday lettings recommended I produce one for guests in the apartment. I have only made deductions from guests damage deposits when there has been actual proven damage caused or anti-social behaviour resulting in complaints from neighbours. Luckily this rarely happens and the vast majority of guests, like you, have been fantastic. Thanks again
Borge1985
Luton, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a beach get away with friends - highly recommend”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I stayed with some friends at Life's a Beach for two nights. The price and everything about the property was just what we were looking for! The location is really close to beautiful boscombe beach and the flat itself is really comfortable, clean and has everything you would need for a short or long stay. James is really easy to deal with as well, staying in contact throughout the whole booking process. A very enjoyable and convenient stay - thanks!
Claire

Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
4 Jul 2014
Thank you Claire, I look forward to welcoming you back again. Enjoy the rest of your summer
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing