“Breakfast....”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cooper Dean Branch Tel. 01202390837
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have to say that this breakfast was very disappointing. The eggs were very undercooked, bacon was sooo dry and the bread was borderline stale. Also saw the chef come out to get a drink and he wiped his nose with his sleeve jacket.... won't come back will just go to the northboune one which is much more nicer.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hi Alicia A, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit, we truly appreciate your honest feedback.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We have used Toby's quite often, for ourselves and friends. We have liked the voucher system where you get a particular offer at a set price and a voucher to verify this.
The website offered 3 Course Easter Monday lunch for £9.99 plus a drink for £1. No voucher necessary, just walk in, booking advised. We invited friends, booked, arrived to no mention of this offer. When I enquired I was advised that the offer did not apply to the Cooper Dean, where we had booked, and I could have the Easter Monday menu for £14.99 . The surly "Duty Manager" snapped " I don't have to give my name" after she refused to help us, and I asked, politely, for her name. We had just 2 courses, a tepid Carvery, and a drink and the bill came to £15.25 a head - £4.25 more and only 2 courses. This is an absolute con and if not illegal, certainly sharp practise. Shame on you.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dave F, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location.
With regards to the vouchers, it clearly states on the website that voucher is from £9.99 and selected sites do do this price, however, we at the Cooperdean offer it from £13.99.
I apologise if you feel it is a con, but we ourselves do not issue the vouchers or set menu prices on site. The prices are allocated from head office for each individual carvery and can not be overiden by ourselves.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I would like to leave a review here but can't.
A week before Easter my wife and I popped in to book a table for ourselves and our children for Easter Sunday Breakfast. The total of our party was seventeen. When I tried to book I was told by the Manager that he wouldn't take my booking as it would fill his restaurant up ! Totally unhelpful.
How long has it been company policy to turn away business ?

Hi Dangerousandjoe, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit. Unfortunatley our bookings for easter did fill up very quickly but i do understand that the way the duty manager dealt with it was not the best. We hope that this does not stop you returning to us in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in for carvery whilst in the area visiting family. Carvery was superb and staff were very pleasant. Did think it strange that we had to register the car when we went in but fully understand as they’re so close to the hospital I imagine if they don’t the car park would be full and no one actually in the building. Reading some of the reviews I hope we don’t get a ticket particularly as we checked in.

The review is about the food which was fab.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Markofltc, thank you for sharing your positive experience! As you have entered your registration you should have no problems at all but we are here should anything arise at all. We are really glad you enjoyed the food and look forward to you returing soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

After reading reviews, we were a little apprehensive due to the number of complaints about the car parking system at this restaurant - however you can't miss the signs! They're literally everywhere, as you drive in and enter the building.

Was sat promptly by the young lady at the door, think her name was Sarah. She was delightful, sat us down, took a drinks order and highlighted our server to us. She was along shortly after dealing with other customers. Our server was Jasmine, she came over with our drinks and pointed out the starters and the soup of the day to us. We went for the Tasters which are 3 for £5. They were delicious and generously portioned so great value. She then asked if we had eaten with Toby before, pointing out the carving chef and explaining the process. We were told that the chef on - Owen I believe was a great chef, when we got in the queue there was a little wait as it was busy but he took the time to speak to each of us individually and went through the selection of meats with us.
Jasmine was attentive and checked on us regularly, we were a little full afterwards however made room for the dessert which she recommended, coconut jam sponge was excellent. After a few more drinks, we got the bill - Jasmine our server I believe went on a short break so Laura the assistant manager came over to deal with our payment, pointing out the Toby Carvery app and the ability to pay via it. Super easy and convenient.

Overall - amazing service, top notch food and will be sure to recommend to family and friends in the area, we are booked in next week already!

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Happyaslarry1997, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Toby Carvery Cooper Dean! We are all very glad that you had such a good visit. Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. We look forward to seeing you again next week. Take care!