All reviews gym and swimming pool ceiling fan bar meals steam room trouser press quiet street bit dated leisure club leisure facilities pleasant hotel good size night porter three star single room would stay again would recommend this hotel to anyone walk into town
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had room 109 which is a single, very clean and comfortable. I thought it quiet at night and that is quite something since I live in a very quiet place. There was plenty of choice at breakfast, and I also ate twice here in the evening - this was enjoyable too. The decor is traditional but comfortable.
The staff were all pleasant and helpful.
Regarding recent negative reviews I really don't know what some people expect for the price and all the facilities offered.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Anthea R
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last night as I had an early meeting in Bournemouth
It’s quite an established hotel, and is a little tired in places, however, can’t really fault the place, especially when compared to some of the prices of the larger chain hotels.
Check in was simple, and I was provided with a map of area and given simple directions into town centre. Room was quite small but ample for one, and both room and bathrooms were very clean.
Small tv, iron and ironing board and a basic hairdryer.
Location wise it’s about a 15 min walk into town centre.
Breakfast was ample- hot and cold buffet
I’d stay here again if on business

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2018

You could not swing a cat in the room it was so tight. Very tired looking all over, the wall paper is coming off, a cracked skylight that let in the rain, dirty windows that did not close properly.
Breakfast was very disappointing, food cold and very little choice, dirty table linen and as for the dinner Salmon tasteless and dry, pork tenderloins far from being tender more like leather.
Will not be going here again.

Room Tip: Do not take room 305 next to a noisy lift.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanette M
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Booked for 4 nights over bank holiday because everything else seemed fully booked. Paid £117 per night and no way was it worth it.
Location OK and staff very nice but after that I can find very little else positive.
We tried the breakfast the first day, paying £8 per person. They had had a large party in so there was little left. Plates were cold, food tepid and very little to choose from. Only a couple of plain yoghurt pots, no nuts or seeds to sprinkle, no pieces of fruit, no cheeses or cold meats etc. I can get a better breakfast at the Whetherspoons down the road. Did not therefore try the evening meal.
The corridors and bedrooms are noisy - I could hear the words of the people next door and because all the corridor and bedroom floor boards squeak I was constantly woken up. (We had room 213).
On top of this the WiFi was abysmal and the staff couldn’t get it working for me.
All in all, I won’t be back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

We have been coming to The Elstead Hotel for approximately 8 years, every August for our daughters birthday treat.

It's like our second home.

Heather & the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much effort for them.

The hotel has a gym and swimming pool with a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, which are always very clean and welcoming, much like the rest of the hotel.

We will definitely be going back again next year for the 9th year in a row.

The breakfast is fantastic too, which so much food on offer.

Room Tip: All the rooms are really good and very comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family