All reviews indoor pool coach party weekend break power shower lovely hotel single room enjoyable stay waiting staff bournemouth pier full english the cliff evening meal sea front town centre sauna tlc
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Would not recommend this hotel for the price. Unfortunately they are thriving off people paying the high price, then complaining but they have already paid so there is nothing that can be done.
Very busy hotel in the corridors and the bottom floor with the staff but not great service.
Rooms are VERY basic and I would describe it more of a hostel.
No amenities in the room and a half bottle given when requested...by going down to reception in a towel.
Such a shame as it has a lot of potential in that location! Stay at the Orchid Hotel round the corner and save your money, get what you pay for!

Stayed: February 2018
NickJLane, General Manager at Hinton Firs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Jessica A

So sorry you feel that we are not good value for money, and that other hotels are better value. I am very sure you will find that the Orchid Hotel is more often than not a lot more expensive than we are. I would agree that the rooms are basic as they include hair drys, Tv's, free tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial phones, personal safe's, fan's. All of the main items one needs of a stay. No we don't have mini bars, and butlers... What more is there!

The hostels I have stayed in certainly don't have indoor heated swimming Pools, saunas and Jacuzzi...

Reception is contactable by ringing 0 from any of our rooms, pity you didn't take time to read the guest information in the room!

We do address any problems straight away when they are brought to attention. Pity you didn't.

I get the feeling you really wanted a four or five star hotel, but like you say "Get what you pay for"

Sorry you don't like us. Lots of people do.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Fairly old hotel so don't stay here if your expecting something modern. Staff were super friendly & would do anything to help. Breakfast was nice. Indoor pool was lovely & warm but was in need of updating . Over all I only had bed & breakfast here as was in another hotel for a wedding during the day & in to the evening but if I visited Bournemouth again I think I'd stay elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
NickJLane, General Manager at Hinton Firs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Good Morning Susan R

We are a fairly old hotel, and definitely not a modern all singing all dancing type of place. We consider ourselves as traditional in many ways. I am glad you liked the indoor pool, I take on board your comment about a bit of an update. I am sorry you feel you would not stay with us again as I feel once we have completed our refurbishments you would have see a difference. But I respect your choice and we we wish you well. I hope the wedding you attended went well despite the slightly bad weather at the weekend.

Thank you for your time to comment.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Very old furniture. Needs a lot of work. Paint is peeling off the walls ans some dodgy looking wiring. Strange open space above the bathroom. There was no water in the oudoor pool, and probably hasnt been for some time. I could almost cross the indor pool in one leap. Staff were lovely but had a dilema when i asked for beer. Breakfast was a challenge for the under resourced staff. Will not be rushing back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Tony

Thanks for your comments, you point out some things you noticed during your stay, we really would have welcomed these while you were here, particularly to point out this dodgy wiring as you say! . We do not advertise our outdoor pool on any of our active websites, as it not currently in use. We do advertise our indoor pool, and it is open free of charge to our guests from 7 am till 7 pm. Sorry it is not big enough for you. The only dilemma the staff had with your beer is they were unsure which one you wanted!! Seafarer and Carlsberg on tap with Stowford press cider, Doombar, Old speckled Hen and Fuller London Pride in bottles, along with Bulmers Cider and two types of Golden Orchard Cider is our current choice.

I am sorry to hear you wont be rushing back to us. Looking at your comments you are very unlucky finding the bad places to stay, maybe you should use Tripadvisor to find somewhere nice.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

The hotel is apparently under refurbishment. Our room was basic looked a bit tired. Swimming pool was smaller than it looked in the photos but that didn't bother us as we were the only two in there at the time. The hotel is a good 20 min walk from city centre so we tended to walk into the centre of a night and jump a taxi back (about £5 fare). Breakfast was very good. Not sure I would stay here again. Some of the staff were not too friendly. Dining room staff looked like school / college leavers and I think they hadn't been there long so a little inexperienced (which wasn't there fault).

Stayed: July 2018
NickJLane, General Manager at Hinton Firs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Julie

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and taking the time out to comment on it. We are trying to refurbish as quickly as we can, but these things take time when you have to generate money to self fund the works, I am sure you understand. Sorry you found some of the staff unfriendly, this is not our normal, as you see from our other guests. We will get onto some more training with the younger staff to get them up to standard.

Once again thank you for your comments, they are gratefully appreciated.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is in need of a little TLC but what the decor lacks, the staff make up for with their attentive attitudes. They couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Even oo.the very young lads waiting on us at ce tbreakfast and evening meals were lovely if a little inexperienced - their intentions were to do the best job they could and made us feel very well looked after. The food was very good too and the family room was comfortable and a good size. The location is a little out of town but in walking distance and very quiet. I would definitely consider returning to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
NickJLane, General Manager at Hinton Firs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Karen

Thank you very much for taking the time to pass comment on your recent stay with us here at The Hinton Firs Hotel. So glad that you found our staff to be friendly and welcoming, as that is what we consider to be the most important thing. We are currently trying to refurbish the hotel, and will get there slowly.

We would love to welcome you back at anytime. Once again many thanks for your positive constructive comments, they are gratefully recieved.