“Disappointing!”

Dosa World
Ranked #143 of 829 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 September 2017

I first visited DosWorld almost 2 years ago with a huge group and it was great, however this evening was awful!
Alarm bells should've rung when we walked in at 6.30 to a completely empty restaurant but we were starving and persevered. 2 of the group of 6 wanted a chicken korma, which was on the menu, yet when we asked they said they didn't have it.
We asked what the next least spicy chicken curry was, the waitress recommended butter chicken or chicken tikka masala, so they ordered one of each. The waitress assured us she would tell the chef to make them less hot than normal.
The food came - the Dosa filled with chicken tikka masala was bland, yet the 3 of us with the chicken tikka masala had our heads blown off with how hot it was. The chickpea curry was so spicy that my friend was very nearly ill at the table. The butter chicken was too way hotter than it should've been.
The waitress then comes over laughing while we are all struggling - I mean eyes streaming, coughing, asking for more water - and laughs while saying she forgot to ask the chef to put less spice in. No apology or offer of reducing the bill/getting anyone a different meal or even some yogurt.
It was only when we decided we couldn't struggle through anymore and told the waiter how disappointed we were (more than 2/3 of the food was left from 6 people!!!) that he said he'd take one masala and one butter chicken off the menu. All in all we paid £85 for a ridiculously hot meal none of us could eat.
Really annoyed and frustrated at the lack of customer service, that could've been rectified so easily but they didn't care enough. Will never go back!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Had an absolutely wonderful experience at Dosa world on Saturday night. I am a vegetarian and felt very well catered for with all of the numerous options. We bought multiple courses of food all which were delicious and delivered promptly. The value for money was also incredible.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I am an indian food connoisseur. I decided to visit here after reading reviews on TripAdvisor about this place. We ordered papadum, dahi papri chaat, chilly idly, garlic pepper mushrooms and the chilli and coriander masala dosa. The papadums arrived with 2 and quarter papadums which seemed bizarre considering we had only asked for 2 papadums, and the quarter bit wasn't hot and fresh like the other two full papadums which indicated that this was another customers leftover papadum which is absolutely disgusting and not acceptable by my standards. The dahi papri chaat had stale papri bits inside the chaat. The garlic pepper mushrooms were too peppery and didn't have much flavour, the chilli idly was had flavour but was stale. And when the masala dosa arrived it was rather long, soft and flimsy and was hanging of the side of the plate and when the waitress put the plate down the dosa touch the table which was really unhygienic and of putting. Also my fiance's drink came after the food had arrived and after he had asked the waitress where his drink was. The standard of waiting from the waitress from this restaurant is absolutely appalling even when we walked into the restaurant she shoved the menu into my hands which seemed strange that I had to carry my own menu to the table, in a normal restaurant one would be sitted before being given the menu. And even when the waitress placed the cutlery on the table she just put it on a napkin next to my fiance she didn't bother to put to the cutlery properly on napkins beside where each of our plates would have been placed. And then top it all off we asked for the bill and wanted to make payment only to be told there was no card machine facility and that we would have to withdraw cash from the nearest cash machine. I would avoid this place at all costs as you will leave hungry, disappointed and get an upset tummy.

1  Thank Shreena S
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We visited early on a Saturday evening. The restaurant is clean and the staff welcoming. We were served promptly, and actually had eaten our meal in around 30 minutes - but didn't feel at all rushed.
We shared some poppadoms and chutneys to start, and a pilau rice with two main dishes. We also had a butter nan and a chilli nan - which were amazing.
Would recommend.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Been here several times while visiting Bournemouth, absolutely wish we had one in Glasgow.
Fell upon this place after passing by for years , Bournemouth ppl this is a true gem .