“Lovely”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Popped into Maisie’s for a coffee before shopping in town. Very friendly staff, clean & welcoming cafe & superb coffee. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a relaxed meal or drink away from the hustle & bustle of the main town

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If ever feeling a little worse for wear you need to try Maisies breakfast! decent quality sausages and bacon and all the trimmings. Never fails to hit the spot!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

See above. Not going to waste my time saying anymore than that. Maybe just a bad day....But food was below average too.

MaisieD1997, Owner at Maisie's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Katie,

We are so sorry you didn't enjoy your visit to Maisie's and felt the need to give us such a low score. There's not really much we can say as your review is very brief and not very constructive. As you can see from our previous reviews, the service we provide is always complemented and we provide food to the highest quality. Perhaps it would have been better to discuss your issue with us whilst you were visiting, to give us the chance to rectify the situation and prove how helpful we are. This would have been less of a waste of our time and your time with the unconstructive public criticism you have given us.
Once again, all we can say is sorry.

Best wishes,
Julie and Maisie

Reviewed 12 October 2018

We saw this place on a backstreet when we left the car park. It was quite latish really - about 3pm - and I saw they closed at 4 but I had promised myself to have a Devon Cream Tea when in Devon. How I picked such a great place by chance I don't know. The scones were out of this world, loads of jam and cream which was readily topped up as I pinched all the cream and left not enough for my husband. Lashings of really good tea and fabulous friendly service for a very reasonable priice. Nice to see a place that doesn't price over the top in Devon.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Super inexpensive breakfast good quality ingredients and unlike a lot of other establishments the food was 'HOT' All served in a cosy friendly atmosphere with polite and attentive crew. Well done "Maisie's Team" keep up the good work. 10/10
for those with negative cafe/coffee shop reviews in my experienced opinion is you should get out more often or shop restaurants!!