“Unexpected delight”

Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 34
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A popular, family-run business in the heart of Torquay, offering food from Mexico to the Med, and from the America's to the Orient - The New World On A Plate!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Came across this restaurant by accident so decided to try it. So pleased we did. I had the Red snapper & my husband the Moroccan lamb which were both plentiful & delicious, could only manage a couple of scoops of ice cream to finish off & they were good too. All the staff were friendly & helpful and our whole evening was very good value. If we have a reason to visit Torquay again we will definitely come here as I need to try some more things off the menu.

1  Thank thommo4778

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great place been here few years ago and wanted to travel to try it again!
Staff- top service make anything happen for you
Food - big decent portions and great tasting!! This is the main reason we come!
Place- wicked place colourful and interesting!

You cant fault in anyway this family run restaurant at all!

Must try if in torquay or anywhere near

1  Thank Thebigfam
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is clearly a popular restaurant that serves decent food at reasonable prices. If I had one quibble, it would be that I’m not convinced my steak was quite the size it was advertised at. Obviously I’m in no position to back that statement up, and it may just have been that my steak had shrunk during cooking. Having said that, I really enjoyed the Sombrero sauce. The tables are very close together which isn’t ideal but as we were turned away the first time we tried to eat there because they were full, I guess demand justifies the layout. Overall, good value and the restaurant clearly knows it’s market. I’d definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Four of us ate here early evening on Easter Monday. Service was slow but it was clear that they were training a new waiter and we weren't in a hurry so it didn't bother us too much.

Food and drinks were excellent. The Chimichanga was nicely spiced but my daughter asked for sour cream for her veggie chilli as it was a little too spicy for her taste. Sour cream brought out at no extra charge.

As a consequence we had a nice leisurely meal with time to spend talking as well as eating. The Citrus cooler was refreshing and to make things better the drinks weren't over priced.

Portion sizes were generous. We only had a main meal as that filled us up or we would have been tempted to go for a desert as well.

Eat here again?

Absolutely, a lot nicer than a 'chain' restaurant serving similar food.

1  Thank Nigel J
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Have not been here for at least a year. Still needed to book on good Friday. Good steady flow of food coming from the kitchen. Staff attentive but not in your face.
Food still great quality and massive portions. Recommend to anyone. Keep up the good work. Can’t believe we first found this place 13 yrs ago and still keep coming back.

1  Thank butfun