“Sorts you out after a hard night...”
Review of Anstey's Cove Cafe

Anstey's Cove Cafe
Ranked #58 of 372 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 6
Description: Traditional beach cafe serving breakfasts, lunches, ice creams, teas and coffees, cakes and snacks. Licensed bar.
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I had been up most of the night with a teething child on a holiday with friends. I sat upstairs trying to settle her as everyone was having fun downstairs. I just wanted the teeth to pop through and for me to be able to go down and join in, instead i just had to listen and soothe my poor little one. The next morning, misrable, tired - sooo tired, the kind of tired where you think you'll never be able to open your eyes fully every again, i was up early while everyone else was sleeping off their hangovers. It also happened to be my little ones 1st birthday so i decided to get us both dressed and take a walk to the cove to grab some breakfast, treat myself for getting through a hard night. And what a treat it was. The morning was just brightening up, the sun was twinkling upon the water and all thoughts of the night before were washed away while looking out to sea. I sat and ate my large breakfast (£6.95 - worth every penny) shared some of it with my baby, wished her happy birthday, let the sound of the sea and the sun upon my face wash away all traces of the teething nightmare id been through and start my day in the most beautiful way.

3  Thank Theresa T

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

You would have thought in this day and age of diversity and anti discrimination there would be disabled access just as a drop off point. The Torbay council has made the decision not to allow access to cars which carry a blue badge. We were hoping to bring our elderly parents with us to enjoy the cove and watch us on our kayak,but unfortunately we can't now go. Torbay council needs to look at inclusion and diversity.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

First of all: the location is wonderful and well worth the descent. Beautiful coastline, rock formations, and the possibility to rent kayaks at this location is a good idea.

That said is the cafe and its assortment more or less as you can expect in a place like this: it has good coffee and tea, some snacks (savoury and sweet) but nothing that would be the reason to go back there. That would be the view...

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Wonderful view, friendly taff, serving all sorts of lovely things - sandwiches, salads, jacket potatoes, cake, ice cream, beer, wine - worth a stop if you are visiting this lovely cove.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing little cove and fantastic little cafe with nice food and the best ice creams in South Devon.