“Attention to detail !!”

Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 19
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Booked online for Mum's Birthday, received e mail confirmation, turned up to find scruffy poster on door saying Shut for Refurbishment, uneaten food on tables and paint tins everywhere. Good on you for freshening place up but might be a good idea to let customers know you are not actually open!! Very unprofessional and left us feeling very sad, however had a fabulous lunch at Rockfish a few doors down.

4  Thank Emma C

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

My partner and I was recommended to this place. But unfortunately we won’t be recommending this place. We shared a starter which was the sauce was lovely it was prawns and scallops but didn’t find any scallops. We was previously told they had no scallops for the other starter that was on the menu but could do this this one, found this odd! As the other starter was scallops and black pudding and there was black pudding on our main. So really they should not of said they could still do our starter if they had no scallops!!!My partner really wanted steak and the only steak on the menu was chateaubriand for 2 to share costing £50. Personally I didn’t really want this but I went ahead so my partner could have his steak! Working in hospitality myself for 18 years I found this menu rather bizarre. We could have a choice of two sides to come with our chateaubriand.
The choice was out of 3 or 4 types of potatoes and one other side being Mac and cheese!
I could get my head around why you would want chips and dauphinois or boiled and chips or mac and cheese, carb overload!!
I asked if we could change one side to salad or veg. I was told no so I asked if I could order an extra side of veg I was told no. Yet there was veg on the menu for the other meals. The meal came out and the chateaubriand was lovely but our sides of dauphinois and mac and cheese was not so! Certainly had better. And when our meal was bought out it all looked too much and put us off. It would of been nice if we could of had some salad or veg instead of having too much carbs. We did take the meal home as we hardly touched it and really did not want to throw away £50 just like that so the kids ate it the next day. Extremely disappointed that we spent £100 in this place and left unsatisfied. It’s not often we treat ourselves like this so we wanted a nice treat for each other. Apart from the food we still had a good night and enjoyed each other’s company.

2  Thank hughesl01
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We came to Torquay for a short stay over new year's. We love fish so after reading reviews felt Harbour Kitchen was a must for our new year's eve supper! We were not disappointed. All our fish was cooked to perefection. We knew when our scallops starter came out that the chef was of a excellent standard. Both my hake + my partner's monk fish + prawns were succulent, tender + extremely flavoursome. A real treat indeed! There was a lovely mixture of dinners of all ages..casual + relaxed environment with very pleasant waiting staff. I'd try to get a table with view of harbour next time which would be the icing on the cake. Will defnitely revisit when in town. Would recommend to others in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

OK so I gave this place a pretty poor review the last time, and I do still stand by my comments, however I returned a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing. We did sit upstairs in property chairs and not bar stools, food was amazing, actually is was pretty fantastic so...... well done this time around I think you guys have turned it around.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Really good evening with customers in December ~ really great food ~ helpful service & good atmosphere.
Have used before & will be taking my wife next time, she will enjoy it.
We went on a Monday night, before the festive break, they had no bread, the only criticism.