The Imperial Torquay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 165
Elmington Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 92
Hotels.com
Corbyn Head Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$ 232
US$ 75
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Yardley Manor Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
Priceline
US$ 145
PremierInn.com
US$ 117
TripAdvisor
3,335 results
All reviewssea viewper nightcar parksun loungerslovely hotellarge balconydeluxe roomsteam roomoutdoor poolan upgradeleisure facilitiesdining roomsome tlcpublic roomslick of paintevening mealshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came for a few days to relax with my family as the weather wasn’t great the only thing we all wanted was to relax by the Pool however the water temperature was freezing I complained on day 1 but the old lady was rude saying that the temperature was 30 degrees my child checked it with his watch and it was 20. Liars! I spoke with some other members of staff and they said the new management wants to keep the water freezing so people don’t stay too long!
I complaint everyday but they couldn’t be asked to fix this for all the guest that were not happy.
We heard many people complaining but obviously the hotel doesn’t care.
The only thing left was the Hot tub but small children are not allowed. Bair this in mind if you are coming for the Swimming pool. Also the playground outside was removed due to new Management so you only have a room downstairs which was locked, key on request with no interesting toys for the children.
Staff in general not welcoming.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank CPGIR
Aneta E, Manager at The Imperial Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear CPGIR

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I will share your feedback with the senior team so that we can discuss in detail the most important points that you have shared with us, this will enable us to ascertain that the correct systems and procedures are in place to continually improve what we offer as a hotel. Whilst I am happy that this is not the norm, I am also most disappointed that it occured whatsoever.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went for a standard double with a sea view, which was special. In warmer weather the balcony would have been a real bonus. It is only a short walk from the hotel down to the marina, where we found a very good restaurant and after a comfortable night's sleep we had an excellent English breakfast, again with a wonderful sea view. Although the exterior of the hotel has been modified, many of the original touches of Victorian elegance have been preserved in the public spaces, giving them a luxurious feel. The service was quick, efficient and professional. My girlfriend was happy with the experience and came away feeling I had made a good choice.

1  Thank athertonj

Dear athertonj
Than you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.I will share you feedback with rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoy our stay even if the weather is not that good. Great location, great food. Definitely we want to go back, the scenery is fantastic. The restaurant staff are really good food are great. Definitely value for money.

1  Thank charrie3025
Aneta E, Manager at The Imperial Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Charrie
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us despite the weather. I will share your comments with rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although I had a problem with a room upgrade before my arrival, it was dealt with to my satisfaction in a very professional manner, so no complaints. Having stayed before I can not fault the Hotel, still at its high standard. From the outside it does not look much. but on entering, it all changes. Had a room with a sea view which is stunning, with balcony, good size room, clean with comfortable bed and good size bathroom, excellent toiletries. Had dinner and breakfast in the Restaurant which apart from dessert at dinner, was very good. As usual all staff very professional. So all in all another very good stay at the Imperial, Many Thanks, keep up the good work

2  Thank Paul Tarmas

Dear Paul

Thank you fro your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I love the imperial hotel. It’s got a touch of quality and class without being stuffy.
All staff polite and professional yet friendly. Had great treatment from maddy on reception and Barbara and Matt Hudson as waiters - very pleasant and great service.All waiting staff excellent.
Food was lovely- neat little portions but gave you room for a dessert or cheeseboard!
Up to date range of choices on the menu. Good wine selection. Sip a nice cold glass of Sauvignon whilst listening to the tinkling of the piano player!
The view over the bay is spectacular- could not use balcony due to health n safety reasons which is a shame - would be more disappointing in summertime.
We were allocated a suite which was very comfortable and cosy. I hope when the refurb is done they keep the hotel traditional and don t turn it into a modern boutique type thing.
It’s opulence and traditional grandeur should be maintained
... it’s a delight.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helen h

Dear Helen

Thank you for taken the time review your stay with us. It is great you have enjoyed your stay with us. We very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.