“Lovely views”

The Imperial Torquay
Ranked #22 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a sea view room which had terrific views over the bay. Plenty of space for clothes. Very good towels and bed linen. Breakfast was average although the room had the bay view which was good. Pleasant and helpful staff. Would stay there again

Stayed: October 2017
Carol G, Guest Relations Manager at The Imperial Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Bella2009Midlands,

Thank you for taken the time to review your stay at the Hotel. It is lovely to read that you have enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

lovely welcome at reception by pretty young lady , room was upgraded
noticed art deco ceilings etc. throughout hotel.
lovely historical character hotel
large bedroom with kingsize bed , fantastic sea view incorporating brixham , paignton and torquay
high afternoon tea very nice , served by a very helpful waiter named joe , my wife wanted to adopt him
pre dinner drinks served by excellent barman named matt , who was extremly helpful
main course for dinner we seected lamb steak the best i've ever tasted with lovely gravy .
breakfast was excellent
lovely hotel highly recommended
only negative £7 per night for carpark

Room Tip: rooms all with seaviews , quiet because well built historic hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Dave P,

Thank you for taken the time to review your stay at the Hotel. I am glad that you have enjoyed most aspects of your stay. I will pass your comments onto the Team who do appreciate our guests feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I'm sorry to say the afternoon tea experience was very disappointing. my friend booked the imperial as a gift for my 50th birthday. it would have been very nice if the table had been laid up ready for us, is wasn't. When the tea arrived the milk jug wasn't even half full and was dirty and no hot water was brought with it. The food thankfully tasted better than it looked apart from the plain scones which were very dry. we were there for about 3 hours during which time no tables were cleared and soon resembled the pot wash of the hotel kitchen.
we paid at the bar and were walking through reception when the waiter rushed after us to ask if" we had settled up". NOT GOOD
we decided to split the bill and book somewhere else for my birthday

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jacqui42

Dear Jacqui42,

I am really sorry that you were disappointed with your Afternoon Tea at the Hotel. I can assure you that this is not our usual standard and I will discuss further with the team at the Hotel.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Me and a friend decided to book a spa getaway to pamper ourselves (child free). We booked the Imperial as had a good deal on, and I've been before. Our reservation in spa got changed twice before we went, which we wouldn't have known if i had not called, but we weren't going to let that annoy us. We arrived early used their car park and walked into the town while our room was being cleaned. Our room really was lovely, it was sea facing, amazing view, clean and large! We enjoyed drinks on our private balcony before enjoying a delicious 3 course dinner in the restaurant, which was cooked perfectly and plenty of choice. Our treatments were fantastic, we had full body massages and facials. Although there was a small mistake with us having the wrong facial it was rectified in a very professional manner. We also enjoyed the afternoon tea before coming home, which was great value with unlimited drink refills. I certainly will be returning in the future, yes it is slightly dated but it is a very old building which I imagine must take alot of upkeep, and you will need to check your booking and spa reservations carefully, however the staff are lovely, massages best I've had in a long time and the setting beautiful!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Carol G, Guest Relations Manager at The Imperial Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Vixtux,

Thank you for your lovely review. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future. I will pass your comments onto the team. I am sorry there was a slight error with your reservations but I am glad it was sorted very quickly for you.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I spent the weekend with my daughter, we live at diffent ends of the country so having quality time togetherr is important to us. We were very happy with the standard of this hotel we had a delux king room which was spacious and had a balcony looking out without interuption across the bay . the only down side was that we were wanting to have spa treatments but werre told they were fully booked, and we needed to book weeks in advance. As I only booked the room 3 days before this was a real dispoinment to us.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Q9222OXlindaw,

Thank you for taken the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay. I will pass your lovely comments onto the team. I am sorry that we were unable to provide treatments during your stay but I do hope that you will both will be able to return so you can use this facility.