“It’s All About Hanbury’s Cod Royale”

Hanbury’s Famous Fish & Chips
Ranked #16 of 372 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 19
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Please check our website for up to date opening hours as we have different hours for Takeaway and Restaurant.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Best fish and chips ever! You need to order the Special Hanbury’s Cod Royale it’s a winning such fresh food and tastes amazing, such amazing staff!

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at Hanburys today. From the second we arrived it was a really lovely experience. The food was really great. I wanted plaice but it wasn't on the menu. The waitress asked the chef and he had some so he cooked it. I heard a man on the next table ask if he could have the hake cooked in the oven without batter. The waitress again asked the chef and he said yes. The waitress saw me fanning myself and came over to ask if I was OK and should she put the air con on. I can't praise the food and staff enough.

1  Thank steph336
Reviewed 8 October 2018

came here whilst on holiday in Babbacombe for dinner one Thursday, all very very good. Lovely place, clean and food exeptional...But my one gripe is, that all that choice of fish, and only two cooked without batter, I cannot eat batter and would have loved to try something different to cod or haddock.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We were with a 90+ year old local gentleman who remembers this fish and chip shop from years ago. He wanted to eat his fish and chips on the lawns overlooking the sea. The place was extremely busy but in fact we were served pretty quickly. The staff were friendly and helpful and the price was good. We all enjoyed this alfresco meal and I would recommend this Shop to anyone. I only used the takeaway section, not the restaurant.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Anyone that visits Torquay has got to visit Hanbury's .. the fish and chips are to die for! Staff were very accommodating as we hadn't booked, were very friendly too! The best fish and chips ever!!