Rutland Lodge
US$ 103
PremierInn.com
US$ 128
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed for a long weekend in August with our 6 year old daughter.
The family room was very nicely furnished with a double bed settee for children and a very nice bathroom.
The house has been beautifully refurbished and Richard is an excellent host - My Daughter fell in love with him and his home made bread :-)
The use of the kitchen with wine glasses, fresh milk etc is an added bonus.Will certainly return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DKSManchester
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We visited for 5 days and cannot praise this place enough. We stayed in a superior double, which was fantastic and very spacious with a lovely ensuite. Richard is very helpful without being intrusive. Overall we cannot wait to go back and would definitely recommend it. One of the best B+Bs we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Booked via last minute.com
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ABandC13
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We were mostly struck by how big the lodge is, it only has 5 rooms which makes it very quiet and spacious. Richard our host was very welcoming, he lives in the house next door but is available at the ring of a bell. We booked a suite which was spacious, light and had a fabulous roll top bath in the en suite as well as a power shower. Every morning we would make our way to the conservatory (with grape vines coming through the roof) where breakfast was served. We had a kitchen if we wanted to use it. Overall it was the relaxing anf charming break we were looking for!

Room Tip: We booked on last minute and got a great deal
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kittykat_2583
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I have never written a review for trip advisor before, because I have never needed to. But Richard's hotel is quite possibly one of the best I have ever stayed in. I often worry when booking a hotel or B&B as you never know what you are going to get. But I can guarantee that this is the nicest hotel. The warmest welcoming, a beautiful room which contains every thing you will need for a long stay or one night, a lovely laid out breakfast in the beautiful conservatory. You also have full use of the house, as Richard lives next door, so you can use the kitchen, dining room and sitting room for what ever you like!
I work away and stay in three or four hotel's a week, and I am adding extra time on to my journey, just to come back to stay in Rutland lodge! I am back on my way and looking forward to it!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank degs100
Reviewed 28 May 2011

The best B&B we have ever stayed in. The plus for us was the (super!) kitchen where we could heat up a pizza in the evening and eat it in the Victorian conservatory. Richard was warm and welcoming and we would have no hesitation in returning when we visit Torquay again. Loved the homemade bread too!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple