“Perfect seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Confusingly also called the Lobster Pot, this a gem of a small restaurant. Has a family feel to it and everything about the food is perfect. They serve what is brought in on the day boats so turn up and see what is on offer. The waitress is excellent and very knowledge. Shame more restaurants in tourist hot spots aren't like this. Yum!

Reviewed 30 May 2016

We called in on the off-chance of getting a table at short notice. Although it was quite busy we were made very welcome and had an excellent table near the window overlooking the harbour. The fish was fresh and the servings generous without being overwhelming. Most importantly, the service was exactly what it should be with knowledgeable staff paying close attention to the customers' requirements.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

My husband took me here for our 20th wedding anniversary as I've always wanted to go but we never managed to get in when we have visited Torquay before.
The food was amazing and so fresh. I had the scollops and prawns to start followed by the monkfish. The monkfish came in a creamy sauce, as I don't like cream the lovely waitress suggested having a citrus sauce instead and it was lovely.
I would come back again and I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

Ate here at the weekend and was surprised to find it half empty.
Staff tried hard and we can see what they are trying to accomplish, but sadly our meal fell far short of the expectation.

It started well with the home made bread – which was gorgeous. Then it dwindled and went downhill.

My starter was the lobster tart. It was served in a very attractive way with a salad garnish but it was dry, tasteless and the lobster was so overcooked it was like rubber. Hubby had the mackerel which he said were lovely.

For my main I had the lobster. This was served thermidor. However, unlike every other time I have had therimdor the claws had been left on and were therefore not in the sauce. The lobster was cooked well and the thermidor sauce had a good depth of flavour but having to start cracking claws was annoying. I had to ask twice for a finger bowl, and when I asked for a pick to enable me to retrieve the meat from the claws they bought me a spoon with a long handle as they had “run out” of picks – at that time the restaurant was only half full!!!!!! Unbelievable.

Hubby had the trio of fish for his main which was beautifully cooked and served.

They serve three types of potato with every meal, this quite simply is too much and does not work. All I want with a lobster is some fries, instead we had overcooked new potatoes, the worst dauphinoise I have ever tasted (dense, no sauce and over cooked) and some barely roasted roast potatoes. Plentiful – yes – good – no.

The vegetables were lovely and a good selection.

We didn’t have dessert.

It was very hit and miss, some lovely food, some very poor food.

Our bill came to over £100 for 2 courses and we felt that there are many better restaurants in which to eat. Overall based on this visit we would not return.

1  Thank lobsterchaser
Reviewed 22 May 2016

We turned up without booking at a quarter to seven and were offered a table till eight thirty, great, poor organisation by me as it was the other halfs 50th. The young lady (sorry didn't get her name) showed us to a table. And what followed was a gastronomic pleasure. The starters, I had pan fried sardines & the other half had scallops, was fantastics & then waited to see if the mains, Monk fish tails for her and freshly line caught Lemon Sole for me,could possible live up to the same standard. WOW, it did and some. This restaurant and it's staff deserve all the accolades they receive and some. Staff are attentive with out bothering you, food is presented extremely well and cooked to perfection. They deserve a Michelin Star. Can't wait to go back again & again & again. A bit on the expensive side but you get what you pay for and we were more than happy to pay for what we got. Bruce & Heidi