“Exceptional sea food!”

The Village Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 751 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 51
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of our favourite restaurant's and we make sure we visit everytime we are in Plymouth. It has a lovely cosy atmosphere and feels like a lovely family run restaurant. The food is exceptional especially the sea food. Great choice of side dishes too (the cauliflower cheese us a must!) The portions are large but sides are served separately so you can have as much or as little as you like without feeling overwhelmed! Staff are very attentive and happy to help when I requested an amendment to my meal. (As I don't like rosemary!!) The scallops are my favourite here and they also have a great wine menu to go woth their fabulous food. Can't wait for our next trip to plymouth!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just had an excellent meal. Great value for money, the fish pie was excellent. Very good friendly service. This was our eighth visit and probably our last as we probably won't be visiting Plymouth again, but on each occasion we've had an excellent seafood meal at an acceptable price. Thank you

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have been visiting the Village for many years and it's one of our favourite restaurants. Since the management changed a couple of years ago the presentation of the food has improved and they have added some nice touches. I would say that some of the portion sizes have been reduced but that's not necessarily a bad thing as the prices are reasonable and it's nice to have room for dessert. Many of the staff have been there for years and it has a great friendly atmosphere. Things sometimes go wrong, it can get quite warm and it's a little cramped but we are quite happy with that and judging by how busy it is, so are a lot of other people!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was staying in Plymouth and decided to try this restaurant for dinner one evening. Great choice! The food was very tasty and fresh and the staff were lovely. When I was there a family were asking a lot of questions about the menu but the waitress was very patient. I would definitely eat here again if I'm ever back in Plymouth.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this restaurant for the first time. My son has just started uni here and wanted to go to a nice restaurant for our last meal as a family together.
I did book a table and I'm glad I did as it was very busy (this is a good sign)
What can I say, the food was amazing and the staff were so friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much bother.
Prices are reasonable and portion sizes as good. Very good fish as both my son and husband had fish for starters and mains. I had fish for starter and lamb for main.
Will definitely be returning