“Fantastic location ”

Ranked #72 of 767 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 24
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Dock is a family run cafe and restaurant that's perfect for everyone! Whether you're celebrating something special or just catching up with friends over coffee or cocktails, we offer an informal, relaxed setting for breakfast, lunch or dinner using the very finest food - sourced from across Devon and Cornwall. We are situated at King Point Marina, in the heart of the Plymouth's vibrant and ever changing Coastal Quarter in Millbay. Free Parking is available (subject to availability). Pay & Display car park just a short minute away. When approaching our car park please press the buzzer and we will let you in. We look forward to seeing you very soon!
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

We came here for a family meal and had a fantastic time. The food was delicious, service was great and the ambience is very relaxed with beautiful views over the water

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Very enjoyable, good choice of menu, great food. Great service. Easy to park the car. No issues. Clean, would go again.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Four of us met up for our regular family brunch and really enjoyed a very pleasant occasion. We all had different dishes and were each full of praise for what we had chosen. I chose the Veggie breakfast ( as opposed to the Vegan one) and found it very much to my liking with generous quantities. My wife chose the salmon omelette and remarked not only on the quality of it but also on the large amount of smoked salmon with it. The other two had variations on a full English ( the restaurant do an enlarged version which suited my 6' 5" son). The staff were friendly, courteous and efficient. We were seated right by the large windows, so had a superb view across the dock on a very clear day. The car park attached is free for up to three hours, so although this place is not in the centre of Plymouth there should be no problem with access. IT is right by the Brittany ferry terminal and judging by the main menu would be well worth a visit before setting off abroad. We will return

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We had time to kill before checking into the ferry so gave the Dock a go for dinner. We didn't get the starter we had ordered (but were too shy to complain!), so instead of the halloumi and tomato bruschetta we shared a selection of bread slices with 2 dips. The first was hummus which had just come out of the fridge so couldn't really taste its flavour, which is a shame. I couldn't try the second dip which was fish based as I am a vegetarian; my partner did enjoy it.
The main course really was delicious: fresh tagliatelle & gnocchi, both dishes were divine. The service was quick & the staff were lovely.
I am sure we will be back as it's a convenient location before boarding the ferry and the food is quality. In the daytime the view on the marina must be quite nice too.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We visited the dock for my mothers birthday as we wanted to take her somewhere she hadn’t been before and with a wide variety of dishes.

The restaurant is in a beautiful location with the most splendid views of the water and the yachts. We’ve been for breakfast before and although the breakfast was just ok (as they were very busy) the location makes it worthwhile.

The food this evening was good and everyone could choose something they wanted easily. However considering it’s location I was slightly disappointed with the lack of fresh fish dishes available- I had the squid and the mussels but neither tasted particularly fresh. However everyone else was very pleased with their meals and the portion sizes are ample.

I would visit again and it’s equally good for couples and families so definitely worth a visit for the views alone.