2,417 results
All reviews fishbone restaurant two double beds business park road works city centre modern hotel rooms are large plenty of free parking air con derriford hospital good size restaurant staff would stay again buffet style visiting family business trip car park
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked 6 months ago for Graduation as we needed 2 nights accommodation because of the distance. Every hotel in town had put up prices for graduation week and I suspect so had this hotel. At the time the reviews were good.
The room was a good size, clean except for stains on the toilet floor and had all the extras.
Wifi was poor. There was some road noise but it is a city.
The biggest problem was the noise from the restaurant extraction fans outside our window. During the day they blended into life but at night they did disturb our sleep. Reception did change our room the following morning with no problem.
The restaurant does let them down.... breakfast was OK but the tables weren’t clear and spillages at the buffet were left.
If I had paid budget prices it would have been ok but at the inflated graduation prices .... I will book elsewhere next time.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Janice C, Front Office Manager at Future Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your recent review.
We are grateful for all feedback, both positive and negative.
Firstly I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered whilst staying with us, I am sorry that you felt our prices we inflated due to graduation week, we base our room tariff on volume of rooms sold, as do all hotels in the City, by booking your room 6 months ahead of your stay you did get a good rate for your room, however I am sorry that on this occasion you were not entirely happy. Thank you for choosing Future Inns, I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Don’t forget to BOOK DIRECT ahead of your next stay for GREAT SAVINGS on the Future Inns website or give us a call on 01752 701000.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very clean and staff accommodating just a bit far out from centre but otherwise a lovely stay. The postcode doesn’t appear to be correct so we went round in circles which was a bit frustrating however didn’t put us off our stay.

Room Tip: Needs a bit of a refurbish
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review.
I am grateful for the kind comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that you found it difficult to get to us, we are in the process of getting new signs put in place so that it will be easier to follow now that the new road lay out has been completed. Thank you for choosing Future Inns, I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Don’t forget to BOOK DIRECT ahead of your next stay for GREAT SAVINGS on the Future Inns website or give us a call on 01752 701000.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed at Future in Plymouth on many occasions over the last 6 or more years.It used to be very good but it has been going down hill over the last couple of years.On this visit, my concerns were;No internet - Apparently down for 4 days before I arrived and not working over my 2-day stay. Staff were quite blasé about it and when I said I might go elsewher because I had a lot of work to do in the evening was told "Good luck with that, Plymouth is full"!!The bin men came to empty the bins at 04:45. Surely a later time could be negotiated with the council?A minor issue - The towels have all seen better days, threadbare and scratchy. Not what I expect from a "premium" motel.I paid £144 for bed only (I booked B&B but there was apparently an error on the website.On check in, the guy had obviously just walked in from a "fag-break". His breath smelt disgusting. Please ask staff to avoid this sort of behaviour. It's unpleasant for non smokers who are now in the majority.It took ages to check out. All 3 staff were involved in resolving one customers issue, leaving everyone else to wait.Most of the issues, taken in isolation, are minor (with the exception of the internet). However, the overall experience was poor and I don't feel it was good value for money.In future, I will take my custom elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the rear right of the hotel. You'll get woken up by the dustman at 04:45!
Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review.
I am disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered whilst staying with us. We pride ourselves on having a team with excellent customer service, therefore I apologize that on this occasion we have not met those standards. Your comments are taken very seriously; I have passed them on to our Front of House manager, and our Head Housekeeper for them to assess the issues you encountered during your stay, as for the internet I do sincerely apologize that on this occasion it was not working to the speed that was expected, the problems that we were having were out of our control, and were under maintenance for the area around the hotel. Please accept my apology that on this occasion we let you down. I hope you will consider staying with Future Inn Plymouth again so that we can demonstrate the high level of service we strive to achieve.Thank you for choosing Future Inns, I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Don’t forget to BOOK DIRECT ahead of your next stay for GREAT SAVINGS on the Future Inns website or give us a call on 01752 701000.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room was large with good beds and the bathroom was well thought out apart from complicated shower controls.Breakfast was a total shambles both mornings - no food ready - no milk - no mugs for tea or coffee - coffee machine that overflowed the mugs (when we got some). Looked like not enough staff to cope.Drinks in the bar were very expensive - really taking the preverbial.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review.
I am disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered whilst staying with us. We pride ourselves on having a team with excellent customer service, therefore I apologize that on this occasion we have not met those standards. I have passed your comments onto our Food and Beverage Manager for him to make a full investigation into the issues you encountered at breakfast. Our food and drinks pricing are average for the area I do apologize that you felt that we were taking the proverbial, it is certainly not our intention to do so. I hope you will consider staying with Future Inn Plymouth again so that we can demonstrate the high level of service we strive to achieve.Thank you for choosing Future Inns, I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Don’t forget to BOOK DIRECT ahead of your next stay for GREAT SAVINGS on the Future Inns website or give us a call on 01752 701000.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visiting Plymouth for two weeks this hotel was our calculated choice and proved to be correct, it's well rated, and gives you easy access to travel in any direction. The centre of the city and Hoe, Barbican etc. is not far away. The hotel more importantly provides excellent rooms, very comfortable beds and their suites are large giving you a home from home. Staff and service is faultless, food is excellent. If this was a resort style hotel it would be 5 Star based on their performance. It is obvious how good this place is by the volume of patronage, it is always quietly busy... No doubt, a return to Plymouth, we shall look no further than this hotel for accommodation.

Room Tip: Any is good
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review of your recent stay.
I am very pleased to hear that we met all your expectations, and our location suited your needs. I would like to thank you for your feedback which is invaluable to us, to ensure we always offer a high standard of customer service. Thank you for your kind comments,and thank you for choosing Future Inns, I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Don’t forget to BOOK DIRECT ahead of your next stay for GREAT SAVINGS on the Future Inns website or give us a call on 01752 701000.