All reviews lovely site swimming pool park and ride large retail park quiet lane nice play area electric hook ups excellent campsite premier pitch small site games room visiting devon clean shower cleaned daily on arrival easy access costa coffee
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

A well maintained site.
However, feel the need to warn others about the rude/unfriendly welcome.
My husband booked this site for me and our 2 children to be nearer to his work, he’d be bringing a works van, gone from 6amtil 6pm, which he explained when booking.

When we arrived, I explained this again and asked “as I’ve towed on my own with the kids, would there be anyone about should I came to any strife unhooking the van from my car?” The lady replied sarcastically “I’m sure there’ll be lots of people around you willing to help.” “Oh, right” I said and thought no more about it.
Later that evening my hubby returned from work and was told he couldn’t park on our pitch because of the writing on his van but got shown a suitable place to park.
The 2nd evening, he came came back and parked in the exact same place, but got asked to move it (12 feet over), This was whilst we were ordering food in the restaurant. he was told they like to give priority to ferry bookings due to arrive etc, and again mentioned about the logo on his van.
Again, we asked why all the moving about was necessary when we had ample of space on our pitch as we didn’t bring the awning in the end.
The barman reluctantly agreed saying “well you’ll be gone on Saturday anyway won’t you!” Charming, we thought. Again biting our lip.

We came to leave the campsite by the checkout time, we were following hubby’s little van.
I thanked the lady for a pleasant stay (the kids really loved it).
I’m horrified to find the lady actually told my husband to leave the works van behind next time as they dont have signwtitten vehicles on the site anywhere!!!

I must say there were 2 heavily painted/decorated VW campers on the first few pitches. Each had tattoo style paintings all over them, one even had a semi naked woman on! My hubby has a small white car/van with a tiny pale blue logo (no phone numbers or email etc).
Really????!
How bloody rude.
Won’t be staying again unfortunately.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank nutitart
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We decided to have a last minute few days away, I rang the caravan park and they had no space on electric pitch up for us, so we said we would still go and brace ourselves for not having the little extras, on arrival I was greeted warmly by the receptionist and was told they managed to get us on an electric pitch, much to my relief. We pitched up in a different place on the campsite. ( I really didn’t like where we were if I’m honest and will ask not to be put there again but because they said they were full I didn’t ask to move to our usual spot) I was a little put out as I kept checking the campsite and nobody seemed to arrive and the campsite was emptying out? Don’t know if people left early as the weather was changing? But we remained in our allocated spot, but to wake up after our 1st night to see trees had fallen through next door’s tent in the middle of the night!! ( the weather was awful during the night)
I’ve stayed here numerous times but thought I’d bring it to the attention of the site that the toilets weren’t as clean as usual, maybe the guests on site weren’t the usual type and couldn’t pull a flush? Every toilet I went in 1 day was dirty! This has never happened here before and I know the staff work hard but maybe they need to just have a check around during the day/night not just when cleaning. This would put people off staying if they hadn’t been before. It’s a lovely campsite with great wash room and hot showers, pool is looked after and there’s been some changes over the last year. All in all I will always stay here when visiting Devon but felt a little let down on this visit.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Hicksonemma
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Spent really lovely week in June ...the takeaway on site was really good ,there was a good size pool ,bar and restaurant....very friendly staff ,toilets kept very clean and tidy ...great dog walk along the Plym right next to camp site ...we loved it as it was very easy to visit both Devon and Cornwall from there which we did ...would recommend it and will use it again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Gail C, Manager at Riverside Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

So glad you enjoyed your stay with and hope to see you again soon. Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights as a base whilst walked SW footpath towards Salcombe. Found site very good for Plymouth with easy access. Sainsbury superstore across A38 on roundabout. Site clean with showers hot enough for me. All sraff seemed friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018

booked this site for one night on 30th may for my wife in our camper van,i wanted somewhere secure for her to stay that night on her way home and this place had good reviews.when my wife arrived at the site there was no one in the office so came back later to be met by a very rude member of staff who was not happy that my wife was late.we needed no hook ups but i prepaid extra for a pitch which was deemed more secure.my wife had to fight for this and defend herself that she had not been late,this left her upset at this reception.to add to this the pitch then allotted was found occupied..this site did not deliver what was prepaid for,campers beware

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank adavern7
Gail C, Manager at Riverside Caravan Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Your wife came to the site at 6.15 when the office was closed and did not come to the bar as the sign on the window requested. Had she come to the bar she would have been given her allocated pitch. She chose to go around the site and choose the pitch she preferred. She then came and booked in at 9.35 when the office was open booking in other late arrivals that had not pre-booked. She was advised of her allocated pitch but was not happy as it was not the one she had chosen. She chose to go under the trees on grass out of the way. If people arrive late we try and allocate pitches closer to the entrance so as not to disturb people who are already here.