“Sandblasting Experience!”

Glow-Worm Stained Glass
Ranked #13 of 50 Shopping in Plymouth
Reviewed 2 March 2015

As part of an advanced stained glass course I came down to Plympton for an introduction into sandblasting. It was a totally unknown art form and I wasn't sure whether I would be interested! No chance to be negative! I was immediately taken with the process under Ray's instruction. He was patient and encouraging in equal measure and I came away determined to return to learn more of this hugely addictive, dusty, and creative process! Thank you Ray!

2  Thank Patricia W

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I started the summer workshop a few weeks ago and am absolutely in love with the craft! The only limit is your imagination!
The gentle and expert tuition from Ray is perfect - he is patient and full of knowledge and works at your individual pace. I am looking forward to continuing my creations after the course has finished.

The range of things you can make and the awesome types of glass he has in stock means the opportunities are endless.

He is flexible so you can come on different days and you always can turn up early to get in a bit of extra work if you are keen.

Fully recommended!

4  Thank squidman22
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Came once years ago to the charming old perused in Underlane. Heard that they moved a few years ago and dismayed that they had moved to a unit on a light industrial estate. So, very pleased to find that spirit remains and the cosiness has remarkably been preserved. They do good stuff here and train novices and skilled enthusiast. Good completed work to buy. Lot of existing Windows restored or repaired and commissions very well done. Go look see. Easy to get to from Marsh Mills roundabout.

3  Thank HillyCirencester
ray081, Owner at Glow-Worm Stained Glass, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your review. We outgrew our old building in Underwood road and decided to move to a small unit to enable us to expand our stock and take on more students. It was of some concern that Glow-worm would lose it's identity and become too commercial. We tried very hard not to let that happen and we feel that we've succeeded. It's still the same old friendly, welcoming place but in a different location and we're very pleased with the move.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I found Ray's glass workshop on the internet, it sounded interesting and coming from London the possibility of a concentrated 5 days was perfect. It exceeded my expectations in many ways. The constantly changing but invariably friendly learners of all ages and interests, was an inspiration , as was the ability to see their work in progress. I was able to learn about different types of glass working, mainly stained glass techniques both lead and copper foil as well as fusion, making examples of all of them good enough to use in my home decorations. All materiels were provided in the cost of the course. Ray was an excellent teacher, guiding and encouraging while letting you 'have a go!' His appraisals were frequent and honest. I am really looking forward to returning flexibly to undertake more ambitious projects...I am hooked! Gill from London

4  Thank 1948gillm
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Thank you Ray for a very interesting course set in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, where I was able to complete a small leaded glass window and a copper foil sun catcher, which I am very proud of.
Ray was very flexible as to which week I attended for 4 hours a day, which suited me while I was visiting family nearby. I received one to one tuition, from a man who is passionate about his craft, and then given time to practice each stage.I also had the opportunity to meet other learners who were working on their projects so inspiring me further.
I am now back home keen to put into practice what I have learned knowing I can ring Ray for advice and further support.Ray also supplies everything I need for future projects, which is very convenient and the stock of leaded glass available is amazing.
I thoroughly enjoyed starting a new hobby and feel able to continue now at home which is what I was hoping for.
Joan from Loughborough.