“My weeks course feedback”

Glow-Worm Stained Glass
Ranked #13 of 50 Shopping in Plymouth
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Thank you Ray for a very interesting course set in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, where I was able to complete a small leaded glass window and a copper foil sun catcher, which I am very proud of.
Ray was very flexible as to which week I attended for 4 hours a day, which suited me while I was visiting family nearby. I received one to one tuition, from a man who is passionate about his craft, and then given time to practice each stage.I also had the opportunity to meet other learners who were working on their projects so inspiring me further.
I am now back home keen to put into practice what I have learned knowing I can ring Ray for advice and further support.Ray also supplies everything I need for future projects, which is very convenient and the stock of leaded glass available is amazing.
I thoroughly enjoyed starting a new hobby and feel able to continue now at home which is what I was hoping for.
Joan from Loughborough.

6  Thank Joan W

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I discovered Glow-Worm Glass by looking for courses/workshops where I could try out making stained glass, something I had wanted to do for a while. In finding Glow-Worm I discovered a 'little gem'. Ray is an excellent teacher with a wealth of knowledge, and patience. I finished the 6 weeks (plus 1 free week - thank you) knowing that stained glass is just what I want to do and carry on with. Its only time and distance that is stoping me continuing with lessons, but I know where to come for help when I get stuck or it all goes wrong.

Thank you.

11  Thank Nut_and_Bud
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Came to look. Went first to the old shop in Underlane but discovered the business is now in much bigger premises at nearby light industrial estate. Interesting and good stuff. We will probably them to upgrade and renovate some Victorian panels in our house doors and maybe have a new window for our hallway. All styles and huge selection of glass.

9  Thank PlongeurV
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We discovered Glow-Worm when it was at the old shop in Underlane, Plympton, a lovely rambling place stuffed with glass, tools, items for sale, work in progress and completed commissions. You often hear of hobby stained glass enthusiasts or see restoration or new work in religious, institutional, business or domestic settings. Here you can see examples of all, learn at various levels how it's done or how you might do it, buy beautiful examples or commission something special or functional for yourself. Older and newer houses often have glazed areas that look better with skillfully designed appropriate glass or need repairs or extensions to original panels. Some people like really like execrable or witty examples of kitsch around them. Here you can buy or learn to do all that. It's not as expensive as we
expected. We like the new bigger premises on the business park although Underlane had a
delightful character. If you like the type of work the website shows or you are just curious,
go take a look. Vastly better and completely different from the stick on variety often offer by the suppliers of upvc double glazing! Not stumbled across anywhere else doing anything like this locally.

10  Thank Jannerbloke