“Over and above service the perfect place to stay I just wish everyone is like it.”

Kynance House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 79 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

The perfect place I found by sear luck. I would recommend anyone to stay here everyone's very friendly nothing is to much trouble.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Adam197932

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Whilst it is an excellent location for the hoe and the barbican and even the city for shopping it has some down points. There is private off road parking at the back but they have to park cars in front of others and on a Sunday morning we got a phone call that woke us up just to ask if it was our car blocking others in. Highly annoying.
The tv in the room was a small old portable and initially we had no remote for it though that was rectified after a couple of hours and a couple of trips and calls to reception. Not withstanding that it was an old type tv and it was wall mounted about 8 foot in the air so neck ache and eye strain is a problem but that was room 11.
Breakfast, when we booked we asked for a vegetarian option all that consisted of was a mosl breakfast without the sausages and bacon and black pudding with no alternatives then we were told sorry mushrooms but that changed to no tomatoes then when it arrived there were mushrooms but only one. Would I stay there again for £50 a night? Definitely not.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank AndyC1959
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I stayed in the Kynance Hotel in December, and the room was warm, large, and comfortable. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent, and served with generosity of spirit and abundant attention. I was offered more of everything, and despite arriving shortly before it officially ended, was given all the time I needed to eat it. The free wifi worked perfectly, and I was allowed a late checkout at no extra cost. I stay in all sorts of hotels all over the world, and The Kynance is one of the best I've had the pleasure to sleep in.

Room Tip: Room 23 is large, and you can see the sea if you lean out of the window.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank SussexAppeal
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I stayed here in early June, I work up the county in the midlands and needed to come down and see some family. I rang and spoke to Jenny to book a room and sed I would not be arriving until very late she informed me that it was not a proplem some one would be around to let me in. When I finaly turned up at 1 am a young man let me in, booked me in and helped me to my room and even offered me a bit to eat if I wanted. The room was clean and tidy with a lovely soft bed what at I feel straight asleep on, In the morning I woke up late and missed breakfast, but Maggie the owner sed dont worry we can cook you what ever you like its not a problem. As I waited I chatted to some staff you were all very polite and charming, when breakfast turned up it was lovely ive traveled up and down the country and had many fry ups but this had to be one of the best. I stayed a total of five nights il be honest even tho it loooks abit dated from the outside it has to be one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in and the family that run it along with the staff are so very helpful with what ever you need or would like it seems to be no trouble for them. I would highly recommend this lovely plymouth B&B.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank marchltd
Reviewed 10 July 2011

When arriving at the Kynance Bed & Breakfast in Plymouth we did receive a warm welcome from the young guy on reception. This was overshadowed somewhat by the dark and dingy surroundings. Dated decor and an unkempt reception area / landing left a lot to be desired. He checked our names and promptly found the key to our room on the top floor. This was no problem as my boyfriend and I are more than capable of taking on a couple of flights of stairs. Or so we thought. Less stairs, more of an obstacle course of dirty laundry, sheets and God knows what else. Not the ideal start! Our room, however, was fairly clean and tidy – telly and radio worked so we were able to catch a bit of Wimbledon as we got ready to head out. We requested the use of an ironing board, which again was brought speedily up. We wished we hadn’t. To say it had seen better days – an understatement. It was broken and tatty; that alone I could deal with… but it was also FILTHY! Yuck – my clothes went un-ironed!

On the plus side we were given a key to the main door also, so we could return to the hotel as and when we wanted. Perfect! We arrived back around 1am to a room that let in pretty much all noise from the hotel and surrounding area. We were, however, sufficiently drunk so had a bit of a chat and crashed out. If you’re travelling with family or enjoy a good night’s sleep don’t bother! A courtesy wakeup call from the seagulls outside our window at 6 wasn’t really appreciated, BUT we were by the sea after all so shouldn’t be too harsh!
After the grubby washing and minging ironing board I didn’t fancy breakfast – my boyfriend though, never to be out done, went down to eat and quite enjoyed it. Standard “Full English” with no complaints from him. When I was showering we had another unwelcome guest. The maid let herself in, quickly mumbling an apology of “…thought you’d gone”. Not ideal but nothing earth shattering. Not wanting to disappoint she’d taken the time to litter the stairway with washing again! Navigating our way down with a hangover proving a little trickier than the afternoon before!

‘Checking Out’ resurrected memories of a dilapidated Royston Vasey. Peering out from behind frosted glass, a lady who, I can only assume was the owner. Opening the door she didn’t introduce herself or even bother to get up from her swivel chair. “…You the one I spoke to on the phone?…My friend Jane will deal with you”. Very strange. Needless to say we paid up with ‘Jane’ who politely engaged in some common place chit-chat before we made our speedy getaway.

All in all our stay was fine, if only for a place to sleep, but for 55 quid we really expected a little more. Namely MORE tidiness and cleanliness - LESS creepy oddness, room interruptions and noise.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple