All reviews the penthouse holiday inn the marco pierre white restaurant top floor executive room overflow car park larger car chocolate bar super king bed tiny bathroom sauna and steam room good size an upgrade city centre large room fantastic location biscuits
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love the crowne plaza and have stayed a few times over past 4 years while our daughter was at uni here, so when graduation arrived we booked immediatley. Was shocked that it was double the usual price!! Business is business but still sticks in the throat a little and £241 for b & b is a lot i think. We were unable to book in early again due to graduation but they let us get ready in the leisure centre. Room was big and comfortable as always. First time ever we had an issue at breakfast think they were short staffed waited 20 mins for tea and coffee then got the order wrong! Messy dining room and poorer than normal breakfast ( sausages over cooked, eggs under cooked) and stressed staff. All in all i will be staying at the crown plaza agsin as i think this was a one off due to graduation, just a little disappointed in what is normally a flawless hotrl stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
operations763, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Bev M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stays with us at the Crowne Plaza Plymouth over the last number of years.

It is important that our guests provide feedback on their time with us, highlighting areas in which we excel and those which require attention, allowing us to review and refine our services to ultimately exceed expectations at all times.

I am delighted to read you found overall your time with us to be so pleasant, though note the areas for improvement around our breakfast offering which I will ensure is reviewed with the relevant departmental manager and any appropriate actions taken.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Be extremely careful when parking at the Crowne Plaza Plymouth. They have a great way of charging you an extra £100 for parking. Doesn't matter if you are a customer/guest, exceed 3 hours and they charge you if you haven't reported to reception to get a ticket.
You can appeal - but the GM (Kevin) is very good at cutting and pasting a set answer they have saying their T&Cs are well displayed and they have a commercial agreement with Parking Eye Limited to enforce charging customers.
It is the decision of the hotel whether you get charged a fine. That said there is no leniency from the staff on site. The response I received mentioned that making an exception would be unfair to others. Makes you wonder that this is something this hotel is catching a lot of genuine customers out with. A real shame - leaves a very sour taste after an expensive meal in their restaurant. If I had known there was a £100 tip being charged on top of the bill, I would have thought twice before booking a table. I do question the legality of this additional surcharge on unsuspecting customers. You have been warned! Bring on the cut and paste response!!!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Aghs55
operations763, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Aghs55,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent dining experience with us at the Crowne Plaza Plymouth.

It is important that our guests provide feedback on their time with us, though when people have stayed on numerous occasions, it is even more welcome. We appreciate your feedback highlighting areas in which we excel and those which require attention, allowing us to review and refine our services to ultimately exceed expectations at all times.

I am disappointed that following emails from my Reception Manager and myself you are unhappy with the outcome of your desire to have a parking fee waived based on not seeing the signage in the car park which clearly states the parking terms and conditions in the car park for the hotel. As stated in the emails to you the area is used by our guests, members and customers and so to waive the fee for you based on not seeing the signage would be unfair on other's who have realised there error and complied with the terms and conditions of the parking and so all who do not comply are fined, the comments regarding the hotel deciding are factually incorrect.

As also stated in my emails to you, the hotel has partnered with a reputable company used by many leading brands throughout the UK, who is a member of the British Parking Association and compliant with all current legislation and when we have found any issues or challenges in which the hotel has been incorrect in charging they have been more than accommodating in waiving the penalty charge, though as stated, in this case there is no grounds for this as you stayed longer than the permitted free period of three hours.

Signage in the car park is above the legal requirement to ensure all areas are covered and maximum visibility is given to ensure guests are aware of the restrictions on parking periods and the majority of our guests have no challenge viewing these signs and complying with the rules.

If you have cause to challenge the legality of the charges, I am certain Parking Eye would be more than happy to share the legal basis for this with you and I do hope my reply meets with your approval and provides further clarity as to why we would not waive charges for some and not for others based on the same scenario.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

What a great spot to explore Plymouth from. Smart hotel with everything we needed; executive lounge (worth paying for an exec room) parking, choice of Resturants, pool and walking distance to the hoe and Barbican.

Eat in Marco PW on second night - all good, book early to get in.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
operations763, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Berkeley H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Plymouth.

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including our Club Lounge, MPW Restaurant and ideal location in the heart of all there is to offer.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had a one night stop over on a journey to Cornwall. I would have headed for a travelodge or premier Inn but I got a good Friday night deal. Couldn't have asked for more . Good room.. Plenty of space.. Nice comfy large bed. Some nice attention to detail. Wife used the pool and said it was fine. Car parking on site at a charge. But if you sign up to their hotel chain club ( free and they just take your email) you get parking free for one night and a couple of free drinks. Not bad. The only thing I would say is that they have 3 eating options but you seem to have to ask before you discover this. Didn't see anything in the room that said this and no menus in the rooms so that you could decide where you might like to eat. I'm being a bit over the top with this comment as it's not that important really. Icing on the cake stuff
Staff were great. Receptions was very nice and helpful even offering help on where to head in the city for a pair of shoes.
I'd have no hesitation in going back here

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Andrew H,

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including our friendly & welcoming team and areas for improvement.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Had a business meeting at this hotel after which my wife & I went
to the penthouse restaurant for lunch.This hotel is quite lovely & in a
wonderful location.Parking in the underground car park is very tight
however & I'm glad I was only in a medium size car.However the reason for this review is the staff.Lauren (Sales manager) was extremely helpful and a superb representative of the hotel.The staff at the concierge desk/reception & bar were very welcoming and Drew in
the restaurant had such a pleasant manner that he made our meal
quite special.I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to
stay in this attractive city.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear John S,

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including our friendly & welcoming team and food offering in our Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill.