“Disappointing!!”
Review of Lavish

Lavish
Ranked #172 of 190 Nightlife in Plymouth
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Paid £2 for entry, door staff friendly. Drinks were ok but ran out of Malibu so couldn't have anymore Malibu based cocktails. No toilet roll in any of the ladies toilets. As the military do in Afghanistan I wiped with my hand only to find no hand soap and hand dryer not working. Made attendant in toilet vocally aware if our disapproval but we were ignored completely. Wouldn't rush back or recommend as a place to visit on a night out!

8  Thank Scotia270903

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Visited here recently on a Friday and whilst the drinks were a reasonable price the place was pretty empty at around midnight, with the dance floor only occupied by a few 'odds and ends'. The upper floor wasn't open and there were virtually no queues at the bar. Service was friendly and helpful and I would return if the place were a little busier. Free entry.

13  Thank chammp
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I booked the hire room upstairs in early January for my daughters birthday party in May. I was guaranteed the room with exclusivity for my daughter and the 70+ people invited to the party. We booked the room and paid the deposit. Then with only 4 weeks to go until the party and my daughters 18th birthday, the company phoned to inform us that our booking would be cancelled because the company had been offered a full venue hire. This was completely shocking and unprofessional. They have ruined my daughters birthday and have acted disgracefully. I am absolutely appalled at their behaviour and would never recommend their service to anyone.

10  Thank Brettles B
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Affectionately known to locals as 'Chavish' this is a long established club that began as Dudleys wine bar/bistro in the 70s and has been through a steady evolution to it's present incarnation as a late evening drinking bar with a dance floor. It has a reputation for being virtually trouble free. Some daytime food and sometimes a restaurant this is a popular venue for a wide range of ages and is a convenient location for the hundreds and more who drink in the many pubs and bars of Plymouth Barbican and are then up for another three or four hours worth after last orders. Convenient to two large yachting marinas and several restaurants. Beware long queues to get in on Thursdays Fridays and especially Saturdays.

15  Thank Jannerbloke