All reviewsbudget hotelmotel styleroad noiseroom was cleanrooms are basicovernight stoplight sleepereasy accesswhat it says on the tinbuffet breakfastthe ground floorplenty of parkingwould stay againcity centremain roadstayed here for nightsone night stay
Reviewed 12 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The 'hotel' is situated on a light industrial estate right by the A38, 5 or 6 mins away from Plymouth by car. First impressions weren't too bad from the car park. We went into the reception which turned out to be a large room with reception desk that couples up as a bar, a couple of sofas with a coffee table and some tables and chairs presumably for breakfast. It was basic but ok for a one night stay. This was the only communal area and there was no outdoor space other than the carpark. We sat and had a drink and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

We got our room key card and went to our room which we found was across the car park in a single story motel style building where rooms are accessed directly from the outside. If you remember the chalets in 'hidey hi' then you you will have a good idea of the bedrooms. From the outside it was clear that the building was tatty and very outdated. I'm pretty sure the window was single glazed; not great when by a noisy duel carriage way. The carpet was rough, thin, brown and straight from the 70s. The walls were chipboard and furniture was poor quality mdf. There were turquoise lights fixed to a backboard that ran behind the bed which turned into an orange and brown bench leading to an mdf desk above which was adorned with 3 shades of brown thin, student style cotton curtains. The room was cold when we entered but turning on the electric fire made the room smell of burning and we risked leaving it on . The walls were paper thin and you can literally heard every word of the occupants of the rooms next door.

We paid £89 per room without breakfast. I would urge anyone to spend a bit more and get somewhere else. I have lived in university accommodation in the 90s more pleasant. I genuinely feel sorry for the staff, they were lovely and the cleaners were great as the place was very clean. Sorry...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry you were disappointed with the hotel. We are due a refurbishment very soon which will address many of the issues you raise.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Comfortable room but in need of a refurb soon. That said, good value for money, close to main road routes and loads of on site parking. The room are basic but if your not planning on spending much time in the room then it's ideal.
Staff were welcoming and I actually felt like a guest as opposed to someone just passing through. The restaurant food was lovely and the staff were very helpful when I needed to eat at a specific time as I had to be somewhere. I would come here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are due to have a refurbishment very soon and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed the night here. We did find the bed uncomfortable and the room on the small side. It was clean but very dated and in need of refurbishment. Staff were very good. The road outside was noisy. Breakfast was very nice, very reasonably priced and a great selection.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you found our team helpful and that you enjoyed your breakfast. We are due to have a refurbishment soon and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Hotel is easy to find close to main Devon highway and convenient for port. It is dated in style like many of its French cousins but clean and parking was ok'd when I visited. The best thing about it was the quality of service from the staff which was much better than their french cousins who I had stayed with the night before my visit. Also the breakfast was excellent value and tasty.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Margaret G, Front Office Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again in the future.