“In need of some TLC”
Review of Ibis Plymouth

Ibis Plymouth
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Comfortable room but in need of a refurb soon. That said, good value for money, close to main road routes and loads of on site parking. The room are basic but if your not planning on spending much time in the room then it's ideal.
Staff were welcoming and I actually felt like a guest as opposed to someone just passing through. The restaurant food was lovely and the staff were very helpful when I needed to eat at a specific time as I had to be somewhere. I would come here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are due to have a refurbishment very soon and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed the night here. We did find the bed uncomfortable and the room on the small side. It was clean but very dated and in need of refurbishment. Staff were very good. The road outside was noisy. Breakfast was very nice, very reasonably priced and a great selection.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you found our team helpful and that you enjoyed your breakfast. We are due to have a refurbishment soon and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Hotel is easy to find close to main Devon highway and convenient for port. It is dated in style like many of its French cousins but clean and parking was ok'd when I visited. The best thing about it was the quality of service from the staff which was much better than their french cousins who I had stayed with the night before my visit. Also the breakfast was excellent value and tasty.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Margaret G, Front Office Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Room on the small side, especially the bathroom needs a good update. 5 star to the mattres and pillow, 1 star to the menue/food. 4.5 star to the Staff, there very helpful and friendly. Ample parking. Breakfast 3.5 stars.

Room Tip: There are no view, it is inbetween 2 busy roads
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay
I am pleased that the staff was friendly and helpful to you during your stay with us, i am sorry to hear though that you were disappointed with several aspects of the hotel. We are due to be refurbished later in the year and hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

For me this was just an overnight stop as I had to work late not far from the hotel.
I found it comfortable and convenient.
It was clean but rooms a little small but adiquate for my pourpose. I would not want to have a long stay.
My big problem was I could not get an evening meal here as it did not start early enought for me (but then would I realy want to eat dinner at 17;or earlier?) and did not stay open late enought as I finished arround 23:00 and would have liked to have been able to have a meal so had to go into town for a take-away meal.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Margaret G, General Manager at Ibis Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased that you found the rooms comfortable and convenient. I am sorry that our full menu was not available at times that suited you. We do offer some items, curry, pizza etc 24 hours a day.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.