“Lynton”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Lynton
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lynton”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I have just got back from an enjoyable stay at this hotel. The food,, staff and the room were excellent the the only grip I have got is the plumbing did not work properly ie: toilet didnt flush every time had to pump it up a few times also the shower was either hot or cold,could do with instructions in the bathroom how to use the shower. I would stay at this hotel again..

Room Tip: I stayed on second floor ( room 58) had a half window view of one of the bays the other half of the...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank nanyjay
JulianPercival, Manager at Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Thank you for your comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. It is nice for the staff to get mentioned, I always show them a copy of any comments posted on tripadvisor.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Rugby
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I booked a 3 night break before I had read the reviews on Tripadvisor. I then wondered what I had let myself & my husband in for, but decided to go with an open mind!

I'm so glad I did because I couldn't fault the hotel at all. Our room (12) was clean & spacious & the large bathroom was spotless. Even though we were above the kitchen it didn't bother us.
Hotel food was excellent & plentiful & all the staff were polite & very helpful.

I don't know whether it's the luck of the draw whether you get a good room or not, but I'm glad I DIDN'T up grade to a superior room!

The local area is wonderful & we will stay at the hotel again. Definitely great value for money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Sarah M
Thank you Sarah M, for taking the time to write such a nice review, we are all pleased you enjoyed your stay in Lynton.
West Sussex, UK
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My Husband and I booked this break 3 nights with Shearings. I saw the reviews and decided to upgrade to a superior room and paid extra £111 for 3 nights. Well worth doing, room spacious, beautiful views across Bristol channel across to Wales.

Hotel Victorian, old and in areas needs attention but the staff are very friendly and the food was of a good standard and plenty of choice.

The surrounding area is stunning, plenty to see and do.

If going to this hotel pay the extra for an update on your room.

Room Tip: Room Number 77
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MinxWestSussex_UK
JulianPercival, Manager at Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
We are pleased you enjoyed your weekend break with us in room 77, and hope to see you again in the future.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2012

The hotel is in need of refurbishment, our room had been done, so take it as a work in progress. Food was quite acceptable and the service from our waitress was absolutely fabulous. The rest of the staff were friendly and helpful. the trips out were very imformative, Guy the driver gave us loads of imformation and plenty of laughs along the way and he will always remember the elephants on Exmoor. Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Ian Q
Thank you for taking the time to post on tripadvisor, Guy the coach driver and all our staff were really happy with your comments.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The views are breathtaking and well worth a visit just for this. Great walks. The bus service also excellent.The staff are extremely helpfull and food excellent choices and quality. The building has it's own unique charm, which hs been preserved especially in the lounge area.
The only fault I have is the cleanliness of the room. My window was rotted and dirty, if it had been cleaned it would probably fall apart, rust on the shower rail, dust and dirt on the pipe on the floor. I supose I could have complained and asked to be moved but it was a room at the front and close to the lift for me. There was no noise from the entertainment or other distractions.
These are bargain breaks and it is mainly a roof for the night as there is so much to do and see. I would stay again as it was excellent value for mioney just don't look too closely in the corners!

Room Tip: If your not happy, ask reception they are very obliging.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Robby58
Thank you for your kind comments, we have updated our own walkers guide to include many more breathtaking walks around this beautiful part of exmoor, hope you can try some next time you visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynton
0.3 km away
0.1 km away
North Cliff Hotel
North Cliff Hotel
#7 of 9 in Lynton

Been to Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK