“Mid Week celebration” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Farid Restaurant

Al Farid Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 507 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 41
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Al-Farid Mezz Bar & RestaurantUmar ibn ‘Al-Farid’ was an Arab poet, his poetry is entirely suffic ,and he was esteemed mystic poet of the Arabs.Our head chef has created a thoughtful menu that delights the taste buds. A firm favourite is the mezze, an array of small succulent dishes. The mezze comprised both cold and hot dishes and offers a wealth of colour flavour, texture and aroma.An attribute of Moroccan food is the fact that is healthy as well as tasty and filling.A choice of traditional Moroccan dessert is an offer to complements the meal, expect Baklava a sweet pastry, and Mhallableyh, rice pudding with rose water.Also the drink menu is Moroccan national drink, Arak, which has an aniseed base, and a variety of fruit juices. To finish your meal you cannot miss out on one of our Moroccan coffee, flavoured wit natural cardamom, cinnamon or rose water.No bona fide Moroccan meal complete without smoking an authentic hooka pipe. Each day the water pipes are packed with fresh flavoured tobaccos, choose between apples, strawberry, cherry, rose, grape or fruit cocktail.
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Mid Week celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Last night 5 of us went to Al Farid for a birthday celebration and what a night, the setting is lovely and the decoration is just brilliant.
The meal was fantastic and everything was cooked to perfection. I can't pronounce any of the dishes names but we did the £20 per head Mezze menue and what a spead the dishes just kept coming. Our waitress Azadir (Not sure if I spelt it correctly) was excellent and being from Ian she could introduce us to every dish with a personal insight on how it is cooked and what is in the dish, we even learnt so much about the country she is from, so much so that I want to visit!

Thanks you for a brilliant night 10/10!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AL farid T, Manager at Al Farid Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear Wendy
Iam delight that you and your lovely friend had fantastic experience in Al farid.
We all work very hard to be one of the best Restaurant of Devon.
Iam looking forward to see you all again.
Azadeh
Many thanks
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing food & exellenct service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

One of my friends recommend to try this morrocan restaurant for my first date & it was beyond my expection, I really enjoy 6 mezze with bottle of wine & chocolate halava & finished with lovely shisha at the balcony..I'll definitely go back there very soon & already recommended my friends to eat there.

1 Thank Gorgeous2012
Hi Dear
Many thanks for sharing your lovely Night in Al farid,Iam so Delight that you had good experience in Al farid.
Looking forward to see you again.

Alfarid.
“Good food, excellent service & atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited Al Farid for dinner this evening with 2 other couples and our son (18 months). Because he was with us we chose to sit downstairs, which is less formal and therefore more toddler friendly.

We opted for a menu option that was £25 per person and included assorted mezze, tagines followed by coffee/tea and baclava. The food was tasty but not out of this world. I feel it was good value for money as it kept coming until you were full and there was a good mix of mezze choices. The baclava was delicious but there were only a couple of pieces each and I could have eaten more. I'm sure that of we'd asked we could have had some more but it's very sweet so I stopped myself!

The waitress who served us was very pleasant and was excellent with our little boy, making us feel comfortable and relaxed which isn't always possible with a toddler!

The only negative for me is that the house wine was £17 a bottle. We had the dry White which granted was good, but I think a house wine should be a bit cheaper unless you are eating in somewhere expensive.

All in all a lovely meal, fantastic central location right by the cathedral, family friendly and great service.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CherryVanilla80
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Just wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I usually do not write reviews, however Al Farid deserves it...What a treat it was. Excellent service, great food and very enjoyable atmosphere to say the least.We will definitely be coming back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank JP2442
Teignmouth
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

I had lunch here with my husband yesterday. We couldn't have been made to feel more welcome by our host and we ate at a lovely window table upstairs. Loved the quirky decor and atmosphere - it gives the place a very warm and welcoming feel. We had the 6 tapas and bottle of wine for £40 and it was really good. We will definitely come back here as a couple and also with family.

• Visited July 2012