All reviews fudge beer garden the pub cellar bar complimentary port mary arches great toiletries hotel stay family party boutique hotel slight issue next morning no lift sky tv at short notice sunday roast double glazing
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

It was my 40th Birthday and I couldn't have picked a nicer hotel to celebrate it in. Our room was lush...well decorated,clean with the added bonus of complimentary goodies.
The staff were very welcoming,approachable which instantly made me feel comfortable.
The bar area had a lovely relaxed feel to it.
Our breakfast was amazing! I'll definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
City_Gate_Exeter, Manager at The City Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Hey Ilovefood1977,

I hope you enjoyed your 2nd 30th birthday ;),

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel, we very much appreciate our guests comments and your feedback enables us to make continued improvements to the service we on offer.

The complimentary fudge, port and water is always a very well received treat!

I would like to thank you for choosing The City Gate and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Exeter.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Loads of attention to detail here with quirky touches to make this stylish hotel feel a bit different. Great staff, quality room and bathroom plus excellent adjacent bar with craft ales. Well worth a visit.

Hello Kathryn S,

I hope you have had a great day!

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The City Gate.

Quirky is most definitely my favourite word to sum up the feel of the City Gate!

This type of thoughtful feedback is extremely helpful and important to us in delivering the highest levels of quality and service to our valuable customers.

Once again thank you for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

What a wonderful hotel. Fabulous value for money, clean, excellent service, a true boutique hotel experience for an incredible price. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Exeter. Central location and very close to University. Bowled over by the City Gate. Thanks guys for a fantastic stay. We will return.

Room tip: we had room 1 and it was amazing. quiet and fantastic AC
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Good evening Laraine2016,

I hope you are enjoying your day!

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful, relaxing experience at our hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us. I have passed your kind comments onto the rest of the team so that we can continue to provide our guests with the highest level of service.

Once again please accept my sincere thanks and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Jade

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Beautiful fresh room, super comfy bed, lovely helpful staff and amazing extras ( sky tv and fudge!) would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Devon and it's only a 1 minute walk into Exeter city centre :)

The cooked to order breakfasts were also delicious and the waitress was very friendly 10/10

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
City_Gate_Exeter, Manager at The City Gate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hello Rach_htalb,

I hope you are having a great day.

The fudge is most definitely a very sweet treat to enjoy whilst watching Sky movies!

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Just arrived and the first impressions are brillant. Recommended by a friend, so if your staying in the area and thinking of
shall I book or not...just do it. will elobarate on this hotel, when our holiday is complete, at present in the beer garden chilling..

Date of stay: May 2017

Hello David R,

I hope you are having a great stay so far! If you need anything at all during your staff, please do not hesitate to ask.

You must not forget to download our app: Young's - On Tap, to receive a drink on us1

I look forward to hearing your elaborated review very soon.