Southernhay House Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 113
US$ 101
Jurys Inn Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$ 87
US$ 82
US$ 88
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Express Exeter(Exeter)(Great Value!)
US$ 108
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewselegant roomsbeautiful boutique hotelstand alone bathfresh milkgeorgian townhousexmas marketsmall hotelfull length mirrorfree standing bathlonger staybeautiful roomcomfortable bedcentral exetercathedral greenbreakfast was deliciouslimited parkingquiet at night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Went here for dinner tonight. I have often driven past this place and thought it looked lovely and I am pleased it matched my expectations, the staff were attentive, kind and polite, the food was absolutely amazing and the hotel is decorated to a very high standard

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_SH, Owner at Southernhay House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

That's good to hear, and thank you. We don't often get posts from dinner guests so this is especially useful.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

The room was beautiful, spacious, the bed was comfortable. The area was quiet and
well located, close to the cathedral and town and train station. Excellent breakfast!! Staff was efficient and pleasant.

Room Tip: Any room would be lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your appreciation; and good to note your comment on breakfast and the bed. It was our pleasure to welcome you here.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Very clean and comfortable hotel. We really enjoyed our four nights here. We only had one meal in the restaurant (the only clients on that evening) and although most of the meal was very good, my husband had a really tough inedible steak.

Breakfasts were generally good and I had porridge on two occasions - the first time it was excellent and the second time awful - stodgy and extremely sweet. The excuse was that there was a stand-in chef that day!

On the whole though we really enjoyed our stay here - excellent location.

Room Tip: As we are from London, it all seemed very quiet and peaceful to us!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry the food disappointed; stand in chef is not an excuse and please accept our regrets. I'm pleased that the rest of the experience lived up to your expectations and we hope to welcome you back again when next in town.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Great hotel from A-Z with very helpful and experienced staff, a spectacular food experience and very elegant rooms with comfy beds. Even the smallest details have been arranged with great care. I will come back and will recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Many thanks Ursula, and please don't hold back on the recommends. I'm obsessed with sleep and so our beds, in particular, are very special and aim to please!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

This hotel is great ... a little quirky, very relaxed, in a perfect location for a short walk to the town, very comfortable and welcoming ........ in fact, a little gem !

Breakfast was superb, freshly cooked and beautifully presented

The bar is like stepping back in time, with a range of mobile phones I remember being the 'latest thing'

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Including the "brick" Jerry, do you remember these? I wish I could say I'd worked through the entire 'phone collection but alas, I start at Nokia Communicator.....any donations welcome! It's nice that you highlight the relaxed ambience; we all enjoy being here as much as our guests.