All reviews stained glass main staircase privilege room car park lovely hotel city centre central station close to shops comfortable bed multi storey bars and restaurants huge bed no air con disabled room nothing too much trouble limited parking ironing board
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Good stay at hotel for business trip. Room was great, particularly the bed size. Decor of hotel was lovely, particularly the old staircase. Breakfast was good and food in restaurant was lovely and well priced. Maybe could have done with an extra person on reception, the poor woman looked a tad stressed. Location to train station and town was fab. Thanks

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
RougemontExeter, General Manager at Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear ds2017313

Thank you for your great feedback about your recent stay at the Hotel. It is lovely to see that you enjoyed our newly refurbished bedrooms, mixed with traditional features.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Having left hotel in Exeter that was entirely unnaceptable I was pleased to find this hotel. The room was large clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were professional friendly and helpful. Breakfast was acceptable and again the staff were efficient and helpful. Parking is available and limited. The hotel is directly opposite the central station. I would definitely stay here again. The WiFi connection was good and useful as I was working and the room was quiet despite fronting onto the street. An excellent place whether staying for business or pleasure.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear 1Sussexgal

Thank you for your lovely feedback about your recent stay at the Hotel. It is great to see that you had a more enjoyable stay than one of our competitors and enjoyed our newly refurbished bedrooms.

I hope that we can become your preferred Hotel of choice in Exeter and we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We arrived yesterday after booking from booking .com 13/10/17 told breakfast was extra even though we booked breakfast so no fuss we paid it .We stayed in a standard room above the kitchen and boiler room .no air con so we opened the window we spent the night in a fume filled smoke filled room from the kitchens the room stinking of smoke and fish . Following morning went for breakfast .The pot of tea was Luke warm the breakfast not even warm the plate warmer turned off.A standard room you will need to walk side ways down the side of the bed it's that small .No sleep people running and shouting up and down the corridor until 2am.I am shocked we paid 174 pounds plus breakfast for this room the attitude and service very below what you would expect .We have come home a day early not recommended

Room tip: Avoid very disappointing given the cost and location
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RougemontExeter, General Manager at Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear markdeb0n0

I am sorry to see that you were disappointed with your stay and that you decided to leave early.

We are actually meeting booking.com next week and I will discuss your view that breakfast was included, when unfortunately it wasnt.

We do have a variety of bedrooms, of various sizes and outlooks and I am sorry that we not able to provide you with a room which was more suited. I will discuss your comments with the team to ensure that this is improved.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The Rougemont is within arm's reach of Exeter's old Roman wall and, as such, is within very easy walking distance of the shops, restaurants, Cathedral, etc in the city centre. The hotel itself has recently undergone complete refurbishment and still offers that wonderful 'new carpet' smell. The refurbishment has been to a very high standard, making the hotel very comfortable and modern, albeit with some remaining traditional touches. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the room and corridors were clean and quiet, all of which contributed to the whole hotel offering a calming atmosphere. For everything it offered, I thought the Rougement was rattling good value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Dear FrenchJon
Thank you four your lovely feedback about your recent stay at the Hotel. We are delighted that you loved our newly refurbished rooms and I am pleased that you found the service to be very welcoming and helpful.

I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Had a night away with my husband in Exeter. Room lovely, staff polite but don’t bother with the breakfast, it’s terrible. Not enough staff to cope with the amount of guests. It took ages to receive our Tea/Coffee order after asking twice. My gluten free toast wasn’t toasted (see pic). The hot buffet was very slow in being topped up so I ended up with a meat free fry up. We did complain to reception, only to be joined by other unhappy guests. Very disappointing

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear clairewills

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am really sorry that you were disappointed with the service provided with breakfast. We have learnt from our mistake and action has been taken to ensure that we do have replacement staff immediately available to ensure that our guests are looked after.

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.