The Rougemont is within arm's reach of Exeter's old Roman wall and, as such, is within very easy walking distance of the shops, restaurants, Cathedral, etc in the city centre. The hotel itself has recently undergone complete refurbishment and still offers that wonderful 'new carpet' smell. The refurbishment has been to a very high standard, making the hotel very comfortable and modern, albeit with some remaining traditional touches. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, the room and corridors were clean and quiet, all of which contributed to the whole hotel offering a calming atmosphere. For everything it offered, I thought the Rougement was rattling good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel is a recently refurbished classical Victorian hotel in Exeter city centre, close to the cathedral and directly opposite the railway station. The Mercure Exeter Rougemont has local attractions including the Castle and Rougemont Gardens within easy walking distance, with other attractions including stately homes, theme parks and the racecourse a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Accorhotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rougemont Hotel, Exeter Hotel Exeter
- Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel Devon