All reviews parking charge city centre a great overnight stay car park big shower large comfy bed good size breakfast was included soft pillows small issue iron and ironing board appointed rooms beans modern hotel plug sockets great shower hi express
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2020

The room was modern, functional and comfortable. Bathroom was compact but very well set out. Great shower, brill lighting and well maintained.
A few minutes walk form the city centre.
The staff were very good, their professional approach mad my stay easy and relaxing.
The bar and breakfast set up worked very well in these uncertain times. It was well managed. Bonus points for this.
We had a non-working A/C system in out room, this was addressed excellently by the staff. I was offered a couple of fans and some drinks tokens. Well done there...
I would return here if I needed to

Disliked · Parking was £12.00 per night, expensive for my liking.

Date of stay: October 2020
Molly Sansom, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Exeter - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2020

Dear Jay-Janagill-777,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review on your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that you had an issue with your stay but it is great to see the staff managed to rectify this issue. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Exeter when you are next this way!

Reviewed 17 October 2020

Pretty much brand new, ‘standard’ Holiday Inn Express - so decent walk in shower and big TV etc.

Breakfast was a bit reduced compared to usual (bacon/sausage rolls, pastries, cereal and coffee), but all very good quality.

All the staff were extremely polite and helpful.

Downsides - it’s an uphill walk to the city centre (not that bad!) and at the more bohemian end of town! Would recommend The Flat just up on Fore St for a glass of wine or pizza.

Car park was £12 for 24 hours - usual rip off really but easier than driving round for ages.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Molly Sansom, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Exeter - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Dear jamesrhamilton,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and score us a five for you recent stay! It is great to see you enjoyed our hotel, the amenities the bedrooms offer and found the staff polite and helpful. Due to COVID we have had to reduce our breakfast so I am pleased you still enjoyed it and found it high quality.

Hopefully we will welcome you back to Exeter soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

Lovely place ideally located. Smooth pleasant check in process. Comfortable beds even for someone who's had spinal surgery. NOW !! We've just come back from breakfast. We were hosted by a chap called IAN. What a fantastic gentleman very welcoming helpful and thoroughly professional. His attention to detail and safety are outstanding. His customer service is impeccable. He made me and my family very welcome, please give him a bonus or reward, he deserves it. Stay safe Ian and take care.
The bates family

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear The Bates Family,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review on your recent stay with us. Ian is a fantastic member of our team and always puts our guests first so it is wonderful that you have noticed this and mentioned him; I shall make sure he gets rewarded. I hope we will see you back in Exeter soon for another pleasant stay.

Reviewed 5 October 2020

Hotel and staff were very good indeed. HOWEVER the price of a half shandy at the bar was ridiculous and, in my view, indefensible. A pint of beer was approx £4.80 and a half of beer was, of course, £2.40 but a half shandy i.e. replacing some (expensive) beer with (inexpensive) lemonade was £3.70 (appx). The barmaid understood my complaint but said that they had to charge that amount. If you pro-rata that price for a PINT of shandy (I didn't ask) that would be £7.40. Unbelievable - stick to the beer !!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Molly Sansom, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Exeter - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Dear JeffB2760,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. For your comments it would appear that we need to rethink our pricing structure at the bar and I shall ensure this gets done! Hopefully we will see you again for another 5/5 stay.

Reviewed 2 October 2020

This was a weekend break and all I can say the Staff where so helpful and the room was nice and clean the breakfast was good and very well done with covid and all that was going on will stay here again.
Again just to say the Staff where all great well done

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank eam1954
Molly Sansom, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Exeter - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Dear eam1954,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your recent stay with us. It is great to see you have scored us a 5 in all areas and you found the staff were great. Hopefully we will see you again here in Exeter.