See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Having read the previous reviews I was a little skeptical about staying at the Edwardian, but we were absolutely delighted to find that our room was huge, spotlessly clean (the towels smelt AMAZING!) and we had a very warm welcome. We have previously stated at the Mercure hotel which is just down the road but we will certainly be staying at the Edwardian in the future instead - our room was huge compared to the one at the hotel. We also like 'quirky' as a break from sterile hotel rooms so although the room was dated in decor we just thought it made it more fun. Our room had a very comfy bed and a sofa, so that was great. If you are light sleeper bring earplugs as the road can be busy. We were a matter of minutes from the town centre too so that was a big bonus.
The re-decorating of the b&b had no bearing whatsoever on us - the breakfast room and our room were untouched, so what does it matter if there is some decorating going on in the rest of the house when you merely walk through the rooms?! The only thing we would have liked would have been a later breakfast time on a Sunday. The times were between 8 and 9 and we had been out the evening before and wanted a slightly more lazy Sunday morning, but the breakfast was great and service was friendly. We requesting parking out the back and had a key to enter the building later in the evening which suited us perfectly. Thanks for a great stay, we will definitely be returning and next time I'll remember to ask what washing powder you use so I can get my towels smelling that great!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Mike and Jackie were very welcoming. Mike not only is remodeling sections of the hotel, but is also a cheery server for breakfast. We had plenty of choices for breakfast that included the best fried mushrooms I've had on the entire trip through Great Britain. The remodeling did not affect our stay in the slightest. Jackie was very helpful in helping me with timetables for buses and trains to Cornwall.
The rooms were very cozy, although the floor boards were a little creaky. We met some of the regular guests of that hotel and they were friendly and helpful in suggestions for sightseeing. The B&B is also near the historic downtown. All in all, I would very highly recommend a stay in this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank natasja g
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for an over night convenient stay whilst in Exeter.
We had no idea that it was being re furbished. It was expensive for what the standard of room was! Shower was scolding hot!Breakfast was from Aldi.. Sausages not quality.
I would pay £98.00 to stay in a hotel. Use your money in a better way.
Would not stay again as there was no apologies for the works being carried out! Also we stayed next to the dining room, we were woken up by the owners radio and could hear them setting up. Not the most enjoyable on a Sunday morning.
Parking is a nightmare as you have to park in the triangle across the road. This is also expensive.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I went to Exeter to visit friends two weeks ago and stayed at The Edwardian for 3 nights. It's very close to the city centre. I've enjoyed their hospitality and warmth. Very good breakfast. The place is currently undergoing remodeling. So hopefully, next time when I stay there again, it would look nicer.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Despite mentioning when booking that we were attending our daughter's early morning graduation, the Edwardian was unable to provide us with any breakfast early enough for us to attend the ceremony. We didn't necessarily expect a full English at 7.30 am, but surely milk and fruit juice could have been put in a mini fridge overnight? The owner commented that these early graduations were "a nightmare" so why not adapt to meet guests' needs for that 1 week a year? No breakfast, combined with the refurbishment, confusing parking information and the absence of the owner on our arrival, left us feeling underwhelmed. Other, cheaper Exeter B&Bs have made us feel far more welcome.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple