All reviews outdoor pool jacuzzi and sauna games room table tennis lovely family run this family run hotel room with a sea view blackpool sands table d'hote the hotel offers tinned fruit friendly hotel pretty village green dragon public areas board games ample parking
Reviewed 8 October 2018

This is a well run family owned and managed hotel that provides thoughtful and friendly service. The food is a highlight with imaginative and well executed cooking. The public areas are good and there are plenty of facilities including a pool and nice outside areas. My bedroom was somewhat tired whilst at the same time being comfortable and functional. If people think that it offers value for money then it is likely to be a good choice. It does not have a lift.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I had an enjoyable stay at this family-run hotel. My single room was small but well-furnished, although a little tired. The staff were friendly and helpful and food was excellent. Breakfast was comprised of the usual continental style with full English options. There was also a great choice for dinner. There is a small bar with large lounges and public areas. I didn't use the swimming pool or snooker tables. Wifi reception was good. It should be noted that there is no lift in the hotel and some rooms are reached by stairs and winding passages, not always easy when carrying your suitcase. The hotel is situated in a quiet village very close to Dartmouth and is an excellent choice to explore this part of Devon. I would certainly recommend it.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with as part of a group of nine people.
The hotel is situated in a pretty village easily accessible to Dartmouth.
To my mind it is old fashioned friendly service. A highlight of the visit for me is the food. The dinners are freshly prepared. They show imagination and skill without ostentation.
My room was tired but the bed was very comfortable and I had a distant sea view.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2018

What a great place to stay and such good value. We had a room with a sea view, the staff were so helpful (even when we wanted a late night cap and the bar was closed, they opened it up for us) the breakfast was good and so where the facilities. We would stay there again

Room tip: Pay the little bit extra and get a sea view room it's well worth it
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Granddesigns65
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Have been going to this hotel for years the food has always been exceptional....rooms are very comfortable although could do with updating. The place does look a bit tired.
This visit we noticed a big change...several times they ran out of items on the menu...there was no chicken or beef..but fancy French named courses that were nothing like had been described.

Best meal was breakfast always hot and tasty.

Staff were very friendly but because of the drop in food quality we will not be going again. Shame.

Room tip: Sea view rooms are great.