1,713 results
All reviews the river balcony room elemis toiletries lovely hotel higher ferry first class car park standard room large balcony floating bridge relaxing stay steam train short break high standard cooked breakfast nothing is too much trouble fresh milk
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Where to begin ? This hotel is so consistent in its care of the guests ! Everyone is treated with such warm respect ! I cannot understand why it hasn’t a five star rating? There is strong team running the holel with Darren ,a new member , who appears to have fitted in extremely well !The food is creatively cooked and shows flair e.g.
Lobster Macaroni Cheese

Room tip: The rooms with a walk-in shower
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crabber2015
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Desperate for a relaxing break, my friend and l booked in to the hotel, a long time favourite of mine, for Friday and Saturday nights.
Arrived in time for a late sandwich lunch sitting in the lounge overlooking the Dart. Luggage was speedily taken up to our rooms and the keys returned as we were ordering drinks and sandwiches to keep us going, including a bowl of French fries. Start as you mean to go on !

We read the papers and relaxed prior to going up to our rooms on the first floor
with large balconies overlooking the river.

l had prebooked an early dinner at 7pm as my friend wanted to get up early next day, that didn't happen, bed too comfortable!

The food at the Dart Marina is really
excellent using fresh local produce in imaginative ways, beautifully prepared.
The menus are varied with the options of paying a little extra for a special dish at dinner.
The gardens stretch down to the marina where there is yet another opportunity to order a drink and snack.

The photographs on the web site perfectly illustrate the different levels of luxury in the bedrooms. The lounge and bar are are very comfortable and have lots of cosy corners to snuggle down with a drink.

My friend rose late on Saturday but in time to keep her appointment for a treatment in the Spa. She came back extremely relaxed and we spent the rest of the day talking, eating, drinking and reading. Perfect.
We had dinner at 8pm and then sat talking and drinking with other guests in the bar .

On Sunday, we decided to have a late breakfast and take the traditional afternoon tea before leaving in mid afternoon. Tea was very substantial and quite delicious. Do try it !

Hotels are ten a penny but no matter how comfortable the accomodation, how yummy the food, the staff and the service is what sets the hotel apart.
The staff here
are friendly and the service is impeccable.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited this hotel many times over the years mostly for meals.
I was there for lunch so just wanted a light meal. I chose soup. It was a small portion, luke warm served with sliced bread. Come on, you can do better than that! Piping hot, decent amount with a nice artisan roll or chunk of sourdough.
Also a note to the management, it’s very unpleasant to be having lunch and three times a member of staff pushing a large trolley of dirty linen comes in through the front door just by our table.
I suggest restricting this to other times of the day if there is no alternative way of bringing it into the lobby.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank EnglandPorsche
Reviewed 1 November 2018

Large and well-furnished room with view of the river. Fully equipped room with tea and coffee facility and fresh milk in the refrigerator. Well-designed and equipped bathroom.
Everything was in immaculate order.
Large lounge and restaurant with separate bar.
Well-trained and friendly staff throughout.
Interesting but not too large menu. we enjoyed dinner on three nights with well-cooked fish and vegetables and particularly enjoyed the generous scallop starters.
Good choice of breakfast fare with choice of cooked selection.

Room tip: choose a room on the downriver side for best views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 8pm on Tuesday Evening one of the few Restaurants in Dartmouth and South Hams we haven’t been to - as it’s only 1/2 mile from the house we thought we would rectify this oversight .
Oh dear what a disappointment in no particular order ( because it will be a long time before we return)
Waiting Staff seemed to pay more attention to the people who were known to them as guests I can understand this but the restaurant was far from full and a number of the staff seemed confused about their role within it - two different people given the drinks order - eventually third waiter succeeded in accomplishing the task..... The food ...starters salmon treacle cured with figs - Best described as bland, Main - Lemon Sole - a small to at best large Gold fish with rings of lemon on top - £30 for this course and it wouldn’t get a look in at any of the the 5 Restaurants within half a mile- Sea Horse , Taylor’s Royal Castle , Bushels, Kendrick The other Main Hake again an Average Meal - Dessert Ok .
The Restaurant is tired , Lacks atmosphere and my overall view is that its complacent with a customer base that for the most part content to remain in the hotel .... I note many excellent reviews however I suggest that if the people have a night out at one of the other restaurants mentioned the Marina would be struggling to maintain average .
I’m sorry to be so hard but it’s sad to see a prominent hotel just being average at best .

Management team can I suggest you go out and sample the competition ( where you believe your establishment matches )in Town and compare .

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple