“Dare I say the best milk I have tasted.........”
Review of Tagg Lane Dairy

Tagg Lane Dairy
Ranked #5 of 85 Shopping in Derbyshire
Reviewed 26 September 2017

We stopped here after googling fresh milk to stock up for a weeks holiday further up the Peaks. After arriving we popped into the little shed and purchased 3 of the 2 ltr jersey milk cartons. Skipped over to grab an icecream and some butter whilst we there. Opening the milk and grabbing a large glass we both agreed that the Raw Jersey Milk was exceptional and tasted just as milk should be. Well worth the stop on route. So much so we did a detour when visiting Chatsworth (its only up the road) and headed back to Tagg Lane again so we could enjoy this lovely milk once home. Loved it and well done for promoting such a lovely natural and local product making it available for all to enjoy. As a footnote the butter was creamy but for my taste needed more salt . Although others rave about it so it must be good ! but The milk was exceptional as was the ice cream from the lovely shop. Top Notch Venue.

1  Thank Talpaeuropaea
in 6 reviews
"tubs"
"licorice"

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We have seen the signs for jersey milk many times while caravanning in the peaks on 515 between Ashbourne and Buxton. So this year we went to get some, jersey milk from this farm is so good. Ice cold jersey milk on your cereal is something else. We have only been up in the peak district for 5 days and had 6 pints. We also tried the dairy ice cream and that is also just as good as it looks, bakewell tart,mint choc chip, blackberry, and white choc with raspberries were all creamy and delicious.and the cones were crunchy and tasty not the usual cheap stale ones. I would recommend everyone to try the milk it really is quite addictive. Cant wait for next trip out.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped bye just after hours. They kindly opened up for us and served up some of the best ice cream I've ever tasted.

Much worth the visit!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We found this dairy by chance traveling from Ashbourne to Buxton, one of the very few dairies which sell raw milk if you have never tried this is somewhere to do so the taste is wonderful. Nice young man serving says they will send it all over the country, I hope so!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2017

With my love of Jersey cows (used to work on a Jersey dairy farm) I could not help but stop here on my way to have a holiday with friends. The ice cream is rich and delicious - we came back as a group to try more flavours and they didn't disappoint. Sadly could not get the chance to try any milk as did not think it would last a long car journey home but if I ever come again I will have to buy some! Keep up the good work I wish you every success.