1,752 results
All reviews sea view car park wedding venue visited this hotel overlooking the beach public areas amazing views fish and chips short break lovely room night break jacuzzi josh harbour st ives cornwall
Reviewed 14 May 2016

We didn't have wifi in our room and shower was old-fashion with unstable water and temperature. The sea view from our room was not too bad though.
If you want to have spa in here it's better to book in advance to avoid disappointment.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Thank you Rachel for your review; rest assured I will take your comments on board as we continue to improve our hotel. It is a shame that you did not contact reception at the time regarding the issues you brought up as we could have offered you a room change. I am glad, however, that you enjoyed the view from the hotel. Kind regards, Peter.

Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

All what I can say about this stunning hotel is WOW!
I'm a head housekeeper in one of the London's Hilton hotel and I'm really jealous about your property :-)
Very clean, impressive presented, awesome bath amenities.
Spa is absolutely stunning.
Great deal for fuzzy fish and chips with prosecco for just £15.
We have stayed only for one night but definitely we will come back in summer for a proper holiday in this lovely property.
Special thanks for lovely lady from reception (unfortunately I don't know the name, but very elegant, stylish lady with glasses) for amazing service on check-in and upgrade for sea view room.
Also thanks for restaurant manager (I think so as you guys not wearing name bages and it hard to say who's who) but really good service.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kuba A

Hi Kuba, thank you for this wonderful review. I cannot thank you enough for your kind words, and will definitely pass your praise onto our staff. It is so lovely to read that you feel our hotel is in line with the Hilton Hotel in London, and that you had such a fab time. I'm so glad you found your room, the spa and your meal to all be satisfying and enjoyable. I very much look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Peter.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Good location and service. Pre-booking not strong enough, but once there, lovely. Meals are good and the spa is wonderful. Melissa brilliant in massage if you want an extra treatment. Friendly staff and good pricing.

Room Tip: Our room was slightly off the wifi and beaten track. 303.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Peter H, General Manager at St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Thank you Di for your lovely review. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable stay, and I will pass your kind words onto Melissa. Kind regards, Peter.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Booked a 3 night stay with friends and were fortunate to pick up one of their offers that included Classic sea view room and £25 per head voucher for evening meal. The hotel is in a great location above the main beach with views to die for from the sea view bedrooms, the dining room, lounge and terrace. There is a path from the hotel to the station, beaches and St Ives itself.
Reception staff were pleasant and helpful and this was a feature throughout the hotel. Our car had to be parked by their staff as it was accessed by a car lift opposite the hotel. The staff were happy to get your vehicle at any time.
The rooms were clean and well appointed and had been upgraded as had the bathrooms. Tea making facilities were provided. the Spa area and pools was very good.
Breakfast and evening meals were of a very high standard with a good choice and as stated views to die for.
The lounge area was comfortable and also had been refurbished to a high standard with one little gripe please affix a handle on the door to the terrace so it can be closed the draft was too much. The upper and lower terrace areas had excellent seating again relatively new with the same views!
Loved the hotel but the jewel in the crown are the staff who were professional, helpful and friendly this being an area that often falls short in the UK. Special mention for Helen in the dining room who ran a tight ship and little Rosie and Julie who looked after the drinks in the dinning room and bar. The experience was enhanced by wonderful weather but you would have to look a long way to get a better 4* hotel in a better location with access by rail and road to the interest of Cornwall I have to give it 5* would return tomorrow.

Room Tip: Sea view a must.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you Clive for your wonderful praise. I am overjoyed that you had such a fantastic time at our hotel and enjoyed every aspect of your stay. This review was a pleasure to read and I would very much look forward to having you return again in the future. Kind regards, Peter.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

We Stayed at The Harbour Hotel and Spa , only two doggie friendly rooms in the hotel ,both were a bit ' ruff ', ( sorry ) , Lola christened the carpet on arrival so one can understand why doggie rooms aren't the best , but the hotel itself was great with friendly attentive staff . We had a wonderful time exploring the quaint streets and shops. Very few dog friendly beaches which was a surprise but would definitely return here for a weekend break

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you Mats for your review. I'm happy to read that you had an enjoyable weekend in St Ives and found our hotel to be to your liking. I'll make sure pass your praise onto the staff. Kind regards, Peter.