“Great Fish Special!”

Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Polperro
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 24
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Multi-Award winning atmospheric, traditional Cornish pub in an excellent location with stunning sea and harbour views. Serving a fantastic range of local ales, cider and spirits. Our hearty home-cooked food is prepared fresh and includes a variety of Daily specials using only the freshest local produce available to us. Live Music every weekend. Visit us for a real pub experience.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My partner and I came here for a meal one evening last week whilst on holiday.
As there was no room in the bar area we went upstairs to eat which was fine, although slightly inconvenient to have to keep going up and downstairs to the bar to order food and drinks. The place is dog friendly which I have no problem with, however we ended up packed in to a rather small area of the restaurant with 2 other couples who both had dogs, which for non-dog owners is just a little bit of a put off.

After looking at the menu and the specials board we decided to order the fish and chips and the seafood pasta special. Unfortunately the pasta was sold out so I had the fish special instead which was sea bream fillets on a bed of bubble and squeak with samphire and prawns in a creamy sauce.

Food came in a timely fashion and was absolutely delicious. By far that was the best fish dish I have had in years and I ate the lot! My partners fish and chips was good too and he was pleased he was able to swap out his peas for beans which he prefers.

Would've liked to have visited on a lunchtime, however due to being in a group including someone with mobility problems and a toddler it just wasn't accessible to us which was a shame.

I think however, we will be back next year!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Fab place to eat and drink with fab staff and friendly local's , the atmosphere in this pub is brilliant and laid back . There is music on the weekend which is free and I must say good . Would I go here again of course I would , mind if you go there to eat it is very busy and is a small pub so you will be pushed to get a table but if your willing to wait you won't be disappointed .

Reviewed 12 October 2017

There's something poetic about this pub. Situated on the narrow part of Quay Road, the happy sounds that emanate from its high entrance rebound off the wall of the building opposite, creating a lovely warm buzz. I was inspired to visit after reading a poem about Polperro by Rogan Whitenails, and I went every night of my stay, meeting one local man who had a ferret with him, another who talked about his pet snakes (I don't think he had one with him!) and many other friendly people. The food is of a high standard, and the ales are well looked after.

1  Thank N0rmaLL
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Great beer, friendly staff and fantastic food in a quirky little pub. Just brilliant! All of us ate different things from the menu, all gave 10/10 respectively. Great value for money

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We visited for a lovely dinner and live music. A very small and cosy place where you can eat upstairs. The live music was excellent and great fun. The staff are wonderful and have all been there a very long time and are friendly, happy and offer great service. The food was good, a great fun visit.