“Impressive.....”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I have been here with friends quite a few times. We love the food, and it is a perfect place for Sunday lunch or an evening meal. It is just a nice old pub, and deserves to flourish. The staff are so very friendly. That makes such a difference.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Just off the promenade you will find this great "inn".
Fabulous personal service taking all our individual needs into account . So we had wonderful starters (I know, we were sharing and I tasted 4 out of 7 from the menu ) including several from the sea.
And wonderful mains - again good variety - all carefully composed and added our extra needs.
Good coffee and puddings individually changed for our wants.

So why 5 stars? It's not Michelin level but for an " inn" it's 6 stars. Thats even in a town with so many very good restaurants this is a very secure choice for having a great time eating out.

PS good beer and nice choices in wine.

1  Thank Hans-Christian L
Reviewed 16 July 2017

First visit to Penzance with a friend happened on this welcoming pub on our first night and decided to have a beer and supper..I chose the hake and veg it was so fresh and tasty probably the best fresh greens i've ever eaten with perfectly cooked melt in your mouth fish.
We were so impressed by the service and friendliness we returned the next evening for a lobster banquet worth every penny a real treat...

2  Thank philoLondon
Reviewed 12 July 2017

A rather small pub but we ate early and it was not crowded. It is situated about a block back from the harbour. We had fish and chips which were excellent.

1  Thank RetiredHawkeye
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I phoned today and said I wished to talk about the poor experience I had, and recent reviews that indicate things are not improving. I was told to phone 3pm tomorrow. Nope - she would not arrange call back.

As reported at the time my Birthday meal in March 2017 was massively disappointing. No 'Newlyn Special Catch Landed today'. Understaffed with little attention paid to guests. Food poorly cooked, tasted old and frozen rather than fresh and tasty. No interest when concern expressed after meal - told "new owners, don"t you know"

Well I do know I loved the previous Navy Inn and felt ripped off by this business model. Please reply but only when you hire a Fish Chef - and someone gets up to go out for fresh local produce.

1  Thank Steve J